Jonathan S Bogan MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Endocrinology) and of Cell Biology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development
Yale Medical Group
Office of Student ResearchCell Biology: Membrane Traffic; Cytoskeletal DynamicsInternal Medicine: Endocrinology: Diabetes Center, Fellowship Training; Diabetes Research Center
Protein trafficking; Ubiquitin-like modification; Cell structure; Insulin signaling; Type 2 diabetes; Metabolic diseases more...
- B.S., Yale University, 1986
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 1992
- Belman JP, Bian RR, Habtemichael EN, Li DT, Jurczak MJ, Alcázar-Román A, McNally LJ, Shulman GI, Bogan JS. Acetylation of TUG Protein Promotes the Accumulation of GLUT4 Glucose Transporters in an Insulin-responsive Intracellular Compartment. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2015; 290:4447-63.
- Belman JP, Habtemichael EN, and Bogan JS. A proteolytic pathway that controls glucose uptake in fat and muscle. Reviews in Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders 2014; 15:55–66.
- Löffler MG, Birkenfeld AL, Philbrick KM, Belman JP, Habtemichael EN, Booth CJ, Castorena CM, Choi CS, Jornayvaz FR, Lee H-Y, Cartee GD, Booth CJ, Philbrick WP, Shulman GI, Samuel VT, and Bogan JS. Enhanced fasting glucose turnover in mice with disrupted TUG action in skeletal muscle. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2013; 288:20135-20150.