Petr Protiva MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Digestive Diseases); Adjunct Faculty at Breslow Lab, Rockefeller University, New York, NY
Colorectal Cancer Prevention; Colorectal Cancer Biology and Therapy; Translational Clinical Trials; Experimental Therapeutics
Effect of Dietary Folate Supplemenation and Depletion on Human Colonic Mucosa
Colonoscopy Versus Fecal Immunochemical Test in Reducing Mortality From Colorectal Cancer (CONFIRM)
This is a VA Multisite Study. The purpose of this study is to compare two types of colon cancer screening tests and determine which is more effective in preventing death from colon and rectal cancer. These tests have not been compared in a large study and it is not clear which test is more effective Role: Site Principal Investigator/Local Site Investigator
Drug Induced Liver Injury - causality determination
Major goal of our research is to identify molecular pathways that modulate the risk of colon cancer.
- Dietary Methyl Donor Depletion Protects Against Intestinal Tumorigenesis in ApcMin/+ Mice. Kadaveru K, Protiva P, Greenspan EJ, Kim YI, Rosenberg DW. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2012 Jul;5(7):911-20. Epub 2012 Jun 7.
- Aberrant crypt foci as predictors of colorectal neoplasia on repeat colonoscopy. Anderson JC, Swede H, Rustagi T, Protiva P, Pleau D, Brenner BM, Rajan TV, Heinen CD, Levine JB, Rosenberg DW. Cancer Causes Control. 2012 Feb;23(2):355-61. Epub 2011 Dec 21.
- Acute hepatitis E infection accounts for some cases of suspected drug-induced liver injury. Davern TJ, Chalasani N, Fontana RJ, Hayashi PH, Protiva P, Kleiner DE, Engle RE, Nguyen H, Emerson SU, Purcell RH, Tillmann HL, Gu J, Serrano J, Hoofnagle JH; Drug-Induced Liver Injury Network (DILIN). Gastroenterology. 2011 Nov;141(5):1665-72
- Risk factors for sessile serrated adenomas. Anderson JC, Rangasamy P, Rustagi T, Myers M, Sanders M, Vaziri H, Wu G, Birk JW, Protiva P. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2011 Sep;45(8):694-9
- Altered folate availability modifies the molecular environment of the human colorectum: implications for colorectal carcinogenesis. Protiva P, Mason JB, Liu Z, Hopkins ME, Nelson C, Marshall JR, Lambrecht RW, Pendyala S, Kopelovich L, Kim M, Kleinstein SH, Laird PW, Lipkin M, Holt PR. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2011 Apr;4(4):530-43. Epub 2011 Feb 14.
- Chemoprevention of colorectal neoplasia by estrogen: potential role of vitamin D activity. Protiva P, Cross HS, Hopkins ME, Kállay E, Bises G, Dreyhaupt E, Augenlicht L, Lipkin M, Lesser M, Livote E, Holt PR. Cancer Prev Res (Phila Pa). 2009 Jan;2(1):43-51.
- Reliability of the Roussel Uclaf Causality Assessment Method for assessing causality in drug-induced liver injury. Rochon J, Protiva P, Seeff LB, Fontana RJ, Liangpunsakul S, Watkins PB, Davern T, McHutchison JG; Drug-Induced Liver Injury Network (DILIN). Hepatology. 2008 Oct;48(4):1175-83.
- Growth inhibition of colon cancer cells by polyisoprenylated benzophenones is associated with induction of the endoplasmic reticulum response. Protiva P, Hopkins ME, Baggett S, Yang H, Lipkin M, Holt PR, Kennelly EJ, Bernard WI.
Int J Cancer. 2008 Aug 1;123(3):687-94.
- Alcohol regulates gene expression in neurons via activation of heat shock factor 1. Pignataro L, Miller AN, Ma L, Midha S, Protiva P, Herrera DG, Harrison NL. J Neurosci. 2007 Nov 21;27(47):12957-66.