Colitis, Ulcerative; Crohn Disease; Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage; Ileitis; Rectal Fistula; Telangiectasia, Hereditary Hemorrhagic; Global Health; Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Public Health Interests
Our IBD Program group does clinical research with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) patients including evaluating and treating depression in patients with inflammatory bowel disease and setting up databases to correlate genotype with phenotypic expression. We participate in several international multi-center trials for different medications and databases.
Our HHT group does clinical research in patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) who also have gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding.
Specialized Terms: Inflammatory Bowel Disease; Crohn's Disease; Ulcerative Colitis; Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia
Extensive Research Description
Inflammatory bowel disease - our IBD Program group does clinical research with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) patients including evaluating and treating depression in patients with inflammatory bowel disease and setting up databases to correlate genotype with phenotypic expression. We participate in several international multi-center trials for different medications and databases.
HHT - Along with other members of our HHT Center, our group does clinical research in patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) who also have gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding.
GI Match - Collaborating with other colleagues, we have done research on the GI fellowship match.
1. Treating depression in patients with inflammatory bowel disease
2. Multi-center trials for new drugs in inflammatory bowel disease
3. Correlation of genotype with phenotypic expression in patients with inflammatory bowel disease
4. Global health training attitudes in trainees
- Faubion WA, Fletcher JG, O'Byrne S, Feagan BG, de Villiers WJS, Salzberg B, Plevy S, Proctor DD, Valentine JF, Higgins PD, Harris JM, Diehl L, Wright L, Tew GW, Luca D, Basu K, Keir ME. EMerging BiomARKers in inflammatory bowel disease (EMBARK) study iden
- Proctor DD. Missionary work – it’s about more than doing endoscopies. AGA Perspectives 2013;9(3):22-23.
- Zhang CK, Hewett J, Hemming J, Grant T, Zhao H, Abraham C, Oikonomou I, Kanakia M, Cho JH, Proctor DD. The influence of depression on quality of life in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases 2013;19(8):1732-1739.
- DeCross AJ, Proctor DD. The process of applying for gastroenterology fellowship. Gastroenterology 2012;142(7):1405-1408.
- Kenny EE, Pe’er I, Karban A, Ozelius L, Mitchell AA, Ng SM, Erazo M, Ostrer H, Abraham C, Abreu MT, Atzmon G, Barzilai N, Brant SR, Bressman S, Burns ER, Chowers Y, Clark LN, Darvasi A, Doheny D, Duerr RH, Eliakim R, Giladi N, Gregersen PK, Hakonarson H,
- Proctor DD. Getting to the core of the women’s curriculum – it’s time to change the way we train our fellows. Digestive Diseases and Sciences 2011;56(3):626-628 (Editorial).
- Proctor DD, DeCross AJ, Willis CE, Jones TN, Pardi DS. The match: five years later. Gastroenterology 2011;140(1):15-18.
- DeCross AJ, Pardi DS, Proctor DD. Report of the AGA Institute Education and Training Committee Task Force on Physician Reentry. Gastroenterology 2010;139:e17-e26.
- Katzka DA, Proctor DD. Response to the Institute of Medicine’s recommendations on resident duty hours: the medical residency program and GI fellowship viewpoints. Gastroenterology 2009;136(4):1147-1148.
- Bhat M, Nguyen GC, Pare P, Lahaie R, Deslandres C, Bernard EJ, Aumais G, Jobin G, Wild G, Cohen A, Langelier D, Brant S, Dassopoulos T, McGovern D, Torres E, Duerr R, Regueiro M, Silverberg MS, Steinhart H, Griffiths AM, Elkadri A, Cho J, Proctor D, Goyet
- Silverberg MS, Cho JH, Rioux JD, McGovern DP, Wu J, Annese V, Achkar JP, Goyette P, Scott R, Xu W, Barmada MM, Klei L, Daly MJ, Abraham C, Bayless TM, Bossa F, Griffiths AM, Ippoliti AF, Lahaie RG, Latiano A, Pare P, Proctor DD, Regueiro MD, Steinhart AH,
- Faughnan ME, Palda VA, Garcia-Tsao G, Geisthoff UW, McDonald J, Proctor DD, Spears J, Brown DH, Buscarini E, Chesnutt MS, Cottin V, Ganguly A, Gossage JR, Guttmacher AE, Hyland RH, Kennedy SJ, Korzenik J, Mager JJ, Ozanne AP, Piccirillo JF, Picus D, Plauc
- Niederle M, Proctor DD, Roth AE. The gastroenterology fellowship match – the first two years. Gastroenterology 2008;135(2):344-346.
- Rockey DC, Harrison SA, Wong RKH, Schiller LR, Proctor DD, Wolfe MM, Chutkan R, Vargo JJ, Waxler A. The gastroenterology core curriculum, third edition – May 2007. Gastroenterology 2007132(5):2012-2018.
- Proctor DD, Henderson KJ, Dziura JD, White RI. Hormonal therapy for the treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. J Clin Gastroenterology 2007.