Lawrence Sorel Cohen MD
Professor Emeritus of and Senior Research Scientist in Medicine (Cardiology) and Clinical Professor of Nursing
- Brain Activity
Professor Cohen collaborates with researchers at the Institute for High Nervous Activity & Neurophysics on optical recording of brain activity using voltage and calcium sensitive dyes.
- Protein Space for Optical Voltage Probes
This collaboration is part of an effort to develop and use genetically encoded optical sensors of membrane potential.
Education & Training
- New York University (1958)
- Yale University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine (1958 - 1960)
- Yale University of Medicine, Internal Medicine (1964 - 1965)
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, Cardiology (1962 - 1964)