Frank J Giordano MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Cardiology)
Myocardial angiogenesis; Viral vectors
Dr. Frank Giordano has been studying myocardial angiogenesis, evaluating the consequences of deletion or over-expression of pro-angiogenic genes in animal models. He has been working on the development of new viral vectors for gene delivery, in ongoing assessments of cardiovascular gene therapy. Dr. Giordano is leading the efforts to develop a viral vector core at Yale. Dr. Kerry Russell studies signaling pathways induced by growth factors of the neuregulin family, and their erbB receptors, and the effect of activation on vascular form and function.
- Henry TD, Rocha-Singh K, Isner JM, Kereiakes DJ, Giordano FJ, Simons M, Losordo DW, Hendel RC, Bonow RO, McCluskey ER. Initial Results of Intracoronary Administration of Recombinant Human Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (rhVEGF) (submitted).
- Eppler SM, McCluskey ER, Bloedow DC, Henry TD, Simons M, Giordano FJ, Zioncheck TF. Blood pressure changes and pharmacokinetics following vascular endothelial growth factor (rhVEGF) infusion in humans (In preparation).
- Giordano FJ, Katragadda R, Rothman A, Lu C-Y: INK4B gene expression induces apoptosis in vascular smooth muscle cells and morphometric changes in cardiac myocytes and skeletal myoblasts (In preparation).
- Giordano FJ, Ross Jr J, Peterson KL, Dalton N, McCluskey T, Zionchek T, McKirnan MD: Infusion of VEGF by Intracoronary or Intravenous Route Ameliorates Ischemia Induced Contractile Abnormalities in the Pig (In preparation).
- Simons M, Giordano FJ, Henry TD, Powell JS, Azrin MA, Kereiakes DJ, Annex B, Miller JM, Gibson CM, Lewin HC, Berman DS, McCluskey ER: Intravenous administration of recombinant human vascular endothelial growth factor (rhVEGF) in patients with ischemic heart disease (In preparation).