Cardiomyopathy - Inherited Cardiovascular Disease Program
The Inherited Cardiovascular Disease Program is dedicated to providing outstanding medical care to patients and families who have, or are suspected of having, inherited cardiovascular disease.
The Inherited Cardiovascular Disease Program is staffed by a multidisciplinary team of specialist lead by Dr. Daniel Jacoby of the Yale School of Medicine, and Professor William McKenna of the University College of London. This collaborative Yale-UCL program capitalizes on the top expertise at both institutions to provide a singular comprehensive program for care of patients and families with inherited disease.
- Cardiology Directors: Daniel Jacoby MD and William W. McKenna MD
- Cardiovascular Genetics: Arya Mani MD
- Electrophysiology: Joseph Akar MD
- Advanced Echo Imaging (2D, 3D): Lissa Sugeng MD
- Cardiac MRI: Hamid Mojibian MD
- Surgery: Pramod Bonde MD and Abeel Mangi MD
- Interventional Cardiology: Michael Cleman MD and Joseph Brennan MD
- Genetic Counseling: Emily Smith MS, CGC
Cardiomyopathies, arrhythmias, vascular diseases, and coronary and metabolic syndromes are comprehensively managed by using clinical evaluation to inform genetics and visa-versa.
Our Cardiovascular Genetics Program, directed by Dr. Arya Mani, dovetails with the Inherited Cardiovascular Disease Program providing outstanding genotyping, research, and genetic counseling resources for our patients and their families.
Complexity in cases of inherited cardiovascular disease often outstrips the resources of traditionally organized medical specialty practices. At the Inherited Cardiovascular Disease Program we work collaboratively with referring doctors and their patients. Above all, we employ a patient centered approach to developing a care plan and treatment strategy that matches disease complexity, and patient needs.
Specialty procedures and visits include:
- Septal myectomy and ablation
- Metabolic stress testing
- Advanced cardiac imaging
- Mutation analysis
- Complex electrophysiologic ablations
- Risk stratification for sudden cardiac death
- Pacemaker and ICD implantation
- Genetic counseling
At the Inherited Cardiovascular Disease Program we see a wide array of patients from across the state of Connecticut and beyond. From hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, to familial dilated cardiomyopathy, to sudden death syndromes and arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy, our program has seen it all.