Zhou Zhu M.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Immunology) and of Medicine (Immunology)
Departments & Organizations
Our studies are on glycoligand receptors, siglecs, that are expressed on the immune cells such as eosinophils (Siglec-8) and neutrophils (Siglec-9) in specific pulmonary diseases. The unique expression patterns of these siglecs, the specific binding to glycoligands, and the consequent cellular responses, including apoptosis, are being explored as potential targets and pathways for the development of effective therapeutic approaches for pulmonary diseases such as asthma and COPD. more...
- M.D., Tongji Medical University, 1982
- Ph.D., University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1991
- Wang, Y., Z. Zhu, T. D. Church, N. L. Lugogo, D. Francisco, J. L. Ingram, M. Huggins, D. Beaver, J. R. Wright, and M. Kraft. 2012. Role of SHP-1 in the regulation of Mycoplasma pneumoniae-induced inflammation in asthmatic airway epithelial cells. J Immunol 188:3371-3381.
- Aloulou, M., S. B. Mkaddem, M. Biarnes-Pelicot, T. Boussetta, H. Souchet, E. Rossato, M. Benhamou, B. Crestani, Z. Zhu, U. Blank, P. Launay, and R. C. Monteiro. 2012. IgG1 and IVIg induce inhibitory ITAM signaling through FcgammaRIII controlling inflammatory responses. Blood 119:3084-3096.
- Cho, S. H., S. Y. Oh, Z. Zhu, J. Lee, and A. P. Lane. 2012. Spontaneous eosinophilic nasal inflammation in a genetically-mutant mouse: comparative study with an allergic inflammation model. PLoS ONE 7(4):e35114.