Rafael Perez-Escamilla PhD
Professor of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases); Director, Office of Public Health Practice
Departments & Organizations
Breastfeeding; Household food security measurement and outcomes; Maternal HIV and child development; Community health workers; Type 2 diabetes; Community nutrition program design and evaluation; Maternal-child public health nutrition; Health disparities more...
- B.S., Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City, 1982
- M.S., University of California at Davis, 1985
- Ph.D., University of California at Davis, 1991
- Hromi-Fiedler A, Bermudez-Millan A, Segura-Pérez S, Pérez-Escamilla R. Household food insecurity is associated with depressive symptoms among low-income pregnant Latinas. Matern Child Nutr. 2010 Aug 23. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 20735732.
- Chapman DJ, Morel K, Anderson AK, Damio G, Pérez-Escamilla R. Breastfeeding peer counseling: from efficacy through scale-up. J Hum Lact. 2010 Aug;26(3):314-26. PubMed PMID: 20715336.
- Pérez-Escamilla R, Song DS, Taylor CA, Mejia A, Melgar-Quinonez H, Balcazar HG, Anders RL, Segura-Pérez S, Duarte-Gardea MO, Ibarra JM. Place of Residence Modifies the Association Between Acculturation and Dietary Tools Knowledge Among Latina WIC Participants: A Multi-State Study. J Immigr Minor Health. 2010 Jun 13. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 20549357.