Visiting Elective Program for Students from International Medical Schools
- Completed application for the Visiting International Student Elective Program.
a. Please do not use a "hotmail.com" email address on your application. We are unable to send emails to "hotmail.com" accounts.
b. Application Deadline - Your application should be submitted 4 - 6 months before the start of your chosen elective.
- Letter of support from the Dean of the medical school, including verification that student is in the final year of medical school. The dean's letter should be written on the medical school's stationary, with the school's seal, the dean's original signature and e-mail address. It must be in English or accompanied by an English translation.
- Copy of student’s current transcript written in English or accompanied by an English translation.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) that lists student’s education, publications, and other professional accomplishments.
- Letter of recommendation from a member of the faculty at student’s medical school who has observed student's clinical skills. This letter, in English or with English translation, must be submitted with the faculty member's original signature on medical school's official stationary.
- Yale University Pre-entrance Health Forms (3 pages) with translation in English, of student immunization record and documentation. lf student PPD is positive, student must INCLUDE a copy of chest x-ray report in English or with English translation. The OIMSE requires documentation of a quantitative hepatitis B surface antibody titer. A non-quantitative result (i.e. "Positive") is not acceptable.
- Proof of health insurance while on the clinical elective at Yale. This certificate should be obtained from student’s health insurance company.*
- Personal statement describing student’s career goals, how this experience will help student achieve them, and what student has accomplished thus far in pursuit of those goals. Also included should be what cultural opportunities student will pursue during his/her stay.
- A record of student TOEFL scores is REQUIRED if student is a non-native English speaker.
* Proof of Health Insurance is not required at application, but must be submitted upon acceptance.