Maurice Jeremiah Mahoney MD, JD
Professor of Genetics, of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences and of Pediatrics; Co-Chair, Embryonic Stem Cell Research Oversight Committee; Executive Director, Human Investigation Committee
Departments & Organizations
Yale Medical Group
Program for Biomedical Ethics
Office of Student ResearchEmbryonic Stem Cell Research OversightPediatrics | Genetics: Genetics Consultation Service | Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences: Prenatal Diagnostic Service; Women's Reproductive Health Research Career Development CenterPrenatal Laboratory
Clinical Genetics; Diagnosis and Therapy of Human Fetal Disease; Research Ethics as Applied to Human Subjects more...
- M.D., University of Pittsburgh, 1962
- J.D., University of Connecticut, 1994
- Fattal-Valevski A, DiMaio MS, Hisama FM, Hobson GM, Davis-Williams A, Garbern JY, Mahoney MJ, Kolodny EM, Pastores GM. Variable expression of a novel PLP1 mutation in members of a family with Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease. J Child Neurol 24: 618-24, 2009.
- Klein RD, Mahoney MJ. LabCorp v. Metabolite Laboratories, the Supreme Court listens, but declines to speak. J Law Med Ethics 36: 141-9, 2008.
- Lehmann K, Seemann P, Silan F, Goecke TO, Irgang S, Kjaer KW, Kjaergaard S, Mahoney MJ, Morlot S, Reissner C, Kerr B, Wilkie AOM, Mundlos S. A new subtype of brachydactyly type B caused by point mutations in the bone morphogenetic protein antagonist NOGGIN. Am J Hum Genet 81: 388-96, 2007