The Department Administrator plays an important role in the progress of a project as the liaison between the Department and PM. Below are the responsibilities of the Department Administrator on a typical project:
- Needs to be able to state department’s needs on many issues.
- Acts as a filter for desired changes.
- Acts as interface with user faculty and staff on design issues.
- Serves as prime department contact regarding furniture selection.
- Helps manage expectations of users with respect to budget, scope and schedule.
- Coordinates the review of drawings within user department during the review periods and insures timely responses.
- Submits request for data network configuration services to ITS. Is responsible for coordinating, and working out all the details of data connectivity with ITS.
- Submits request for telephones activation to ITS. Provides to ITS list of users and desired numbers and locations, etc.
- Arranges installation of paper inserts into room signs installed by project in accordance with YSM Design Standards.
- Submits Request for Services to Facilities Operations for keying: Meets with locksmith to determine functions.
Prior to construction:
- Determines the location for storage of equipment that is to be saved for relocation to completed project area.
- Obtains safety clearances for the space to be renovated.
- Participates in the effort to find swing space.
- Coordinates moves to swing space if required and to the completed project area.