Caroline J Zeiss PhD, BVSc, DACVP
Professor of Comparative Medicine and Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Science; Director, Mouse Research Pathology Service; Unit Chief, Pathology
Departments & Organizations
Molecular and cellular pathogenesis of retinal degeneration; Neurobiology of movement disorders; Phenotypes of genetically engineered mice; Evolutionary biology of the eye; Veterinary Pathology; Mouse Phenotyping; Ocular pathology with emphasis on photoreceptor disorders; Neuroanatomy of age-related gait disorders; Signal transduction events during neuronal death; Comparative pathology with emphasis on murine neuroanatomy; Phenotying genetically altered rodents more...
- B.V.M.S., University of Pretoria, South Africa, 1990
- Ph.D., Cornell University, 1999
- Beltran WA, Allore HG, Johnson E, Towle V, Tao W, Acland G, Aguirre GD, Zeiss CJ.The CREB1/ATF1 pathway is activated in photoreceptor degeneration and protection. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009 Jul 30
- Wang J, Farr GW, Zeiss CJ, Rodriguez-Gil DJ, Wilson JH, Furtak K, Rutkowski DT, Kaufman RJ, Ruse CI, Yates JR 3rd, Perrin S, Feany MB, Horwich AL (2009) Progressive aggregation despite chaperone associations of a mutant SOD1-YFP in transgenic mice that develop ALS. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 106(5):1392-7.
- Bennicelli J, Wright JF, Komaromy A, Jacobs JB, Hauck B, Zelenaia O, Mingozzi F, Hui D, Chung D, Rex TS, Wei Z, Qu G, Zhou S, Zeiss C, Arruda VR, Acland GM, Dell'Osso LF, High KA, Maguire AM, Bennett J (2008) Reversal of blindness in animal models of leber congenital amaurosis using optimized AAV2-mediated gene transfer. Mol Ther. 16(3):458-65.