The Cataract Surgery Section is comprised of general ophthalmologists and subspecialists who offer complete medical and surgical eye care. We offer the latest, small-incision sutureless cataract surgery to maximize vision and minimize recovery times.
While we treat many patients with straightforward cataracts, we specialize in managing cataract surgery in patients with complex eye conditions, including corneal disease, glaucoma, and small pupils. In addition, we offer streamlined access and coordinated care with our subspecialists, for patients with eye diseases such as diabetes or macular degeneration. We often perform combination surgeries in conjunction with these specialists to reduce visits to the operating room and optimize patient outcomes.
The Cataract Surgery Section offers:
- Small-incision no-stitch cataract surgery
- Topical anesthesia (only eye drops, no injections!)
- Same day surgery in a caring and convenient outpatient surgical center attached to our office complex.
- Astigmatism correcting artificial lenses (Toric lenses)
- Strategies for addressing presbyopia, the age-related decrease in the ability to focus at near that usually occurs after the age of 40:
- Multifocal lenses (ReSTOR® and ReZoom™)
- Accommodative lenses (Crystalens®)
We have state-of-the-art diagnostic modalities that enable us to accurately diagnose and treat conditions associated with cataracts such as:
- Orbscan corneal topography
- Anterior Segment Optical Coherence Tomography (AS-OCT)
- Specular Microscopy
- Ultrasonic Biometric Analysis (IOL Master)
- Digital Photography
- Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (Cirrus, SD-OCT)
- Heidelberg Retinal Tomography (HRT)
- Fluorescein Angiography (FA)
- Ultrasound Biomicroscopy (UBM)