Public Health Interests
Health Policy; Health risk behaviors; Medicare/Medicaid; Modeling; Risk assessment; Risky Behaviors; Social determinants of health; Social inequalities; Social networks; Statistical models; Telemedicine
Dr. Post's area of research expertise is in the nexus of violence/injury prevention and health information technology. To this end, she has been the principal investigator on several federal, state, and foundation grants.
Extensive Research Description
ED Disability Diagnostic
Tool: an HIT Feasibility Study
Consortium for Health Informatics
Health Information Technology to Prevent Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation
- Post LA, Griffore R, Phenice L. Modeling Indicators of Patient Long-Term Care Placement. International Journal of Health, Wellness & Society. (In Press)
- Post LA, Biroscak B, Barboza GE. Prevalence of Sexual Violence. Violence Against Women and Children: Mapping the Terrain. Ed. by Jacquelyn White, Mary P. Koss, and Alan E. Kazdin. American Psychological Association, Washington, D.C. 2011; 4:101-123.
- Post LA, Mezey N, Maxwell C, Rhodes K. Using Capture-recapture to Estimate the Prevalence of Intimate Partner Violence: The Gender Symmetry Debate. The International Journal of Science in Society. 2011; 2(2):223-236.
- Zhang ZM, Page C, Conner TL, Post LA. Family Members' Reports of Non-Staff Abuse in Michigan Nursing Homes. Journal of Elder Abuse and Neglect. 2012; 3. (In Press)
- Swierenga S, Abujarad F, Dennis T, Post LA. Real-World User-Centered Design: The Michigan Workforce Background Check System. Proceedings of the 2011 Human-Computer Interaction International Conference. Submission ID: 1613. (In Press)
- Gold SJ, Wibert WN, Bondartsova V, Biroscak BJ, Post LA. A Capture-Recapture Approach to Estimation of Refugee Populations. Journal of International Migration. (In Press)
- Schiamberg LB, Oehmke JF, Zhang ZM, Barboza GE, Griffore RJ, Von Heydrich L, Weatherill RP, Mastin T, Post LA. Physical Abuse of Older Adults in Nursing Homes: A Random Sample Survey of Adults with an Elderly Family Member in a Nursing Home. Journal of El
- Post LA, Page C, Conner TL, Prokhorov A, Fang Y, Biroscak B. Elder Abuse in Long-Term Care: Types, Patterns, and Risk Factors. Research on Aging. 2010; 32(3): 323-348.
- Post LA, Smith PK, Meyer EM. Media Frames of Intimate Partner Homicide. Violence Against Women in Families and Relationships. Ed. by Evan Stark and Eve S. Buzawa. Praeger Perspectives. 2009; 4:59-79.
- Post LA, Salmon CT, Prokhorov A, Oehmke J, Swierenga S. Aging and Elder Abuse: Projections for Michigan. Applied Demography in the 21st Century. Ed. by Steve H. Murdock and David A. Swanson. Springer Science and Business Media. 2008;103-112.
- Post LA, Salmon CT, Raile A. Using Public Will to Secure Political Will. Governance Reform Under Real-World Conditions: Citizens, Stakeholders, and Voice. Ed. by Sina Odugbemi and Tom Jacobson. World Bank Press. 2008.
- Post LA, Maxwell C, Smith P, Korzeniewski, S. Youth Dating and Sexual Violence. The Crisis in Youth Mental Health: Disorders in Adolescence. Ed. By Francisco Villarruel and Tom Luster. Praeger Publishers. 2006; 2:257-281.
- Post LA (contributing author). National Academy of Science. Advancing the Federal Research Agenda on Violence Against Women - National Research Council of the National Academies. 2004.
- White J, Post LA. Understanding Rape: A Metatheoretical Framework. Evolution Gender and Rape. Ed. by Cheryl Travis. MIT Press. 2003; 383-411. ISBN
- Griffore R, Phenice L, Post LA. Racial Differences in Nursing Home Experiences. The International Journal of Health, Wellness & Society. 2011; 1(1):107-115.
- Pell F, Agocs-Holler E, Schwartz I, D’Onofrio G, Biroscak B, Post LA. ED Care Coordination. Advance for Nurses. March 28, 2011; 12-14.
- Conner TL, Prokhorov A, Page C, Fang Y, Xiao Y, Post LA. Impairment and Abuse of Elderly by Staff in Long-Term Care in Michigan: Evidence from Structural Equation Modeling. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 2011; 26(1):21-33
- Horsford S, Parra-Cardona J, Schiamberg L, Post LA. Elder Abuse and Neglect in African American Families: Informing Practice Based on Ecological and Cultural Frameworks. Journal of Elder Abuse and Neglect. 2011, 23:75-88.
- Zhang Z, Schiamberg LB, Oehmke J, Barboza GE, Griffore RJ, Post LA, Weatherill RP, Mastin T. Neglect of Older Adults in Michigan Nursing Homes. Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect. 2011; 23(1):58 -74.
- Konovalov S, Scotch M, Post LA, Brandt CA. Biomedical Informatics Techniques for Processing and Analyzing Web Blogs of Military Service Members. J Med Internet Res. 2010 Oct 5;12(4):e45.
- Salmon CT, Fernandez L, Post LA. Mobilizing Public Will Across Borders: Roles and Functions of Communication Processes and Technologies. Journal of Borderland Studies. 2010; 25(3 & 4):159-170.
- Post LA, Klevens J, Maxwell CD, Shelley GA, Ingram E. An Examination of Whether Coordinated Community Responses Affect Intimate Partner Violence. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 2010; 25(1):75-93.
- Post LA, Raile AN, Raile E. Defining Political Will. Politics & Policy. 2010; 38(4):653-676.
- Post LA, Fulk, R. Biroscak, B. Violence Prevention Informatic Systems, The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society, 2009; Vol 4, Issue 2, pp.155-162.
- Barboza G, Schiamberg L, Oehmke J, Korzenewski S, Post LA, Heraux C. Individual Characteristics and the Multiple Contexts of Adolescent Bullying, Journal of Youth and Adolescence. 2009, 38:101–121.
- Griffore, R., Barboza, G., Mastin, T., Oehmke, J. Schiamberg, L, & Post, L. Family members’ reports of abuse in Michigan nursing homes. Journal of Elder Abuse and Neglect, 2009, 21, 105-114.
- Beeble M, Post LA, Bybee D, Sullivan C. Factors Related to Willingness to Help Survivors of Intimate Partner Violence. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 2008 Dec;23(12):1713-29. Epub 2008 Mar 4. PMID: 18319363
- Mastin TL, Barboza G, Choi H, Post LA. Framing of elder abuse: it’s not a family affair. Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly, 2007, Winter 84(4).
- Parra-Cardona JR, Meyer E, Schiamberg L, Post LA. Latino elder abuse: An ecological and culturally relevant theoretical framework for clinical practice. Family Process. 2007; 46(4): 451-470, December.
- Oehmke J, Tsukamati, Post LA. Can health care services attract retirees and contribute to the economic stability of rural places? Agriculture and Resource Economics Review. 2007; 36(1):95-106
- Swierenga SJ, Choi JH, Post LA, Coursaris C. Public health communication technology: A case study in Michigan long-term care settings. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences. 2007; 1(3) 3-16.
- Post LA, Swierenga SJ, Oehmke J, Salmon CT, Prohovkar A, Meyer E, Joshi V. Implications of an Aging Population Structure. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences. 2006;1(2): 47-57.
- Post LA, Zhang H, Conner TL, Barbosa, GE Simulations demonstrate feasibility of Capture-Recapture, Proceedings of the 2006 Hawaii International Conference on Statistics and Mathematics, 1442-1479, January.
- Meyer E, Post LA. Alone at night: A feminist ecological model of community violence, Feminist Criminology. 2006;1:207-227
- Biroscak B, Smith PK, Post LA. A Practical Approach to Public Health Surveillance of Violent Deaths, Public Health Reports. 2006 Jul-Aug;121(4):393-9.
- Maxwell C, Robinson A, Post LA. The Impact on the Adjudication of Sexual Assault and Other Violent Offenses: Implications for Conflict and Consensus Theories of Law. Journal of Criminal Justice. 2003;31:523-38.
- Maxwell C, Robinson A, Post LA. The Nature and Predictors of Sexual Victimization and Offending Among Adolescents. Journal of Youth and Adolescence. 2003;32(36):465-77.
- Post LA, Mezey NJ, Maxwell C, Novales-Wibert W. The Rape Tax: Tangible and Intangible Costs of Sexual Violence. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 2002;17(7):773-782
- Mezey NJ, Post LA, Maxwell C. Redefining Intimate Partner Violence: Women’s Experiences with Physical Violence and Non-Physical Abuse by Age. International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy (Special Issue on Violence Against Women). 2002; 22(7/8): 1