David A. Fiellin MD
Professor of Medicine (General Medicine), of Faculty of Arts and Sciences and of Public Health (Health Policy); Professor, Investigative Medicine; Director, Community Research and Implementation Core, Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS (CIRA)
Departments & Organizations
SBIRT Training in Yale Residency Programs
School of Public Health: Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS
Internal Medicine: General Internal Medicine: Primary Care Center, Yale-New Haven Hospital; Addiction Medicine | play2PREVENT
Substance Abuse Research
Psychotherapy Development Center
Substance abuse treatment in primary care; Emergency department and HIV specialty settings opioid agonist treatment with buprenorphine; Pharmacologic treatment of alcohol more...
- B.A., Earlham College, 1983
- M.D., Emory University, 1991
- Fiellin DA, Reid MC, O'Connor, PG. Screening for alcohol problems in primary care: A systematic review. Archives of Internal Medicine 2000; 160:1977-1989. PMID:10888972.
- Fiellin DA, O'Connor PG, Chawarski M, Pakes JP, Pantalon MV, Schottenfeld RS. Methadone maintenance in primary care: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2001;286:1724-1731. PMID:11594897.
- Fiellin DA, O'Connor PG. New federal initiatives to enhance the medical treatment of opioid dependence. Annals of Internal Medicine 2002;137:688-692. PMID:12379070.