Short Term Research
- Short Term Research Fellowship Application Form (Adobe PDF version)
- Short Term Research Fellowship Application Form (Microsoft Word version)
To complete the application form electronically, download the PDF file and open it using Adobe Acrobat. Further instructions are available within the document itself.
Alternatively, download and print the application document using Acrobat Reader for PDF files or Microsoft Word for DOC files (Windows only). Fill out the printed application using a type-writer, word processor, or by printing neatly.
The deadlines for submitting applications for short-term research for the academic year 2013-2014 are as follows:
- August 2, 2013 (Research Sept., Oct., Nov.)
- November 1, 2013 (Research Dec., Jan., Feb.)
- February 7, 2014 (Research Mar., Apr., May)
- May 2, 2014 (Research Jun., July. Aug.)
The deadlines for submitting applications for short-term research for the academic year2014-2015are as follows:
- August 1, 2014 (Research Sept., Oct., Nov.)
- November 7, 2014 (Research Dec., Jan., Feb.)
- February 6, 2015 (Research Mar., Apr., May)
- May 1, 2015 (Research Jun., July. Aug.)
Short term research stipends are awarded in the amount of $1,836/ month. The funding for short-term research is competitive, and students must apply for a minimum of four weeks and a maximum of twelve weeks in any given period. Students must apply prior to the start of their research. No electives, clerkships or vacations may be taken during the research period you are applying for. Students will not be reimbursed for research that was done prior to an application period which was not pre-approved by the Office of Student Research.
Applications for short term research fellowships are available electronically for download above or as hard copy in the M.D. and M.D./Ph.D. Student Work Area (312 ESH) next to the Office of Student Research (310 ESH). Please note that after the approval and signature of the faculty sponsor and department chair, the student is responsible for getting the short term funding application to the Office of Student Research by the deadline.
Listed below are links for additional sources of funding for summer and short term research.It is important that you read the requirements carefully for each fellowship, as they have different eligibility requirements and deadlines.