A student's research is presented as a formal bound thesis during the fourth year. The M.D. thesis must fulfill the following minimal requirements (in order for final submission of bound copy):
- Title page (Title page formatting - PDF, Word). Title should not exceed 100 characters including spaces between words.
- Abstract Page The abstract should be placed immediately after the title page. A copy of the abstract may be submitted to the Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine.
- Acknowledgements (personal and faculty acknowledgements, grant support, departmental support, etc)
- Table of Contents, with page numbers for each section.
- Introduction (relevant review of the literature).
- Statement of purpose & hypothesis