Office for Women in Medicine
Yale is unique among American medical schools in having an Office for Women in Medicine that serves as a resource clearinghouse to address the concerns of women from all sectors of the medical school. More information can be found at http://medicine.yale.edu/owm/index.aspx.
Services offered by the office include:
- Providing advisors and mentors to female students, house staff and faculty.
- Bringing women distinguished in the medical sciences to campus as mentors and teachers.
- Facilitating access by students to professional women in an informal setting.
- Sponsoring workshops and seminars on professional development and career opportunities for women in medicine and the sciences.
- Serving as a catalyst for the discussion and resolution of issues of concern to the medical school community.