Requirements for Graduation
The degree of Doctor of Medicine is conferred upon students who have satisfactorily completed the requirements stated below:
- Pass all of the required basic science courses.
- Pass the UCONN4 Clinical Skills Assessment.
- Pass all of the required clinical clerkships.
- Pass the United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE) by the established time limits. Step I by December 31 of the 3rd chronological year, and both parts of Step II (Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills) by December 31 of the year before graduation (except as specified for joint degree students).
- Submit an approved thesis by mid- March of the year of graduation.
- Meet all of the requirements of the Progress Committee and Board of Permanent Officers concerning academic standing, moral and ethical character, emotional stability, and professional conduct.