Visiting elective program for students from U.S. Medical Schools
- Students must be in good standing in medical school at a US LCME accredited allopathic institution.
- Students must have completed all core clinical clerkships before beginning the clinical elective program.
- Yale does not provide basic clerkships, only electives.
- Yale does not offer observerships/externships.
- Students must be in their final year of medical studies in order to participate in the elective program.
- U.S. citizens attending international medical schools are not eligible for the Visiting Student Elective Program. Naturalized citizens or green-card holders are eligible.
If you are a visiting international medical student, please see our International Medical Student Education site.
The video below "Guidelines for Occupational Exposures" must be viewed before starting an elective rotation.
Guidelines for Occupational Exposures