Loans for Disadvantaged Students (LDS)
This loan program is available to students who have exceptional financial need. The school determines the amount awarded based on both financial need and availability of funds.
- You must demonstrate exceptional financial need.
- You must not be in default on any student loan.
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- You must be enrolled or accepted as a fulltime student.
- Parent information must be provided.
- Available resources from student and parent are used to determine need.
- You must certify that you have registered with Selective Service or that you are not required to be registered.
- You must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress
Terms and Conditions
- The interest rate is 5 percent.
- Entrance and exit Interviews are required.
- This loan is interest free while you are enrolled in school and during the 12 month grace period while the student is in school or during authorized deferment periods.
If you are awarded Loans for Disadvantaged Students, your promissory note will be generated after you have accepted your financial aid award and returned the forms requested in your original financial aid package.