Need Access Application

Avoid common errors

  • Read the instructions carefully.
  • Be sure to complete the whole application, leaving nothing blank.

See How to Avoid Common Errors When completing the Need Access Application to read other tips and specific information for students, parents and divorced/separated parents.

At Yale School of Medicine, you must file a Need Access Application to receive financial aid. There is a charge for filing this form.

Read the instructions carefully, paying close attention to the section on how parents can access the Need Access Application. Also, be sure to complete all information. Don’t leave anything blank.

SPECIAL NOTE: If your parents are divorced or separated, only your custodial parent must provide information on the Need Access Application.

The Need Access Application should be filled out online and submitted electronically. You can find it at

Related Links