FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Tips for Completing the FAFSA
- Complete everything. Do not leave any line blank.
- List your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- Have a Social Security number.
- Provide all income, earnings, benefits and asset information.
- Complete your 2012 Federal Tax Return prior to completing the FAFSA
- Select the option for IRS Data Retrieval when completing the FAFSA
All students who are US Citizens or Permanent Residents applying for federal financial aid must complete the FAFSA.
FAFSA on the web:http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
The fastest and easiest way to apply is to go directly to the FAFSA website. Read the instructions carefully before completing the application.
You can fill out the application online and submit it directly to Federal Student Financial Aid. To do this, you will need a PIN, which serves as your identifier and lets you access your personal information in various Federal Student Financial Aid systems. When you access this website, you may request a new PIN or get a copy of your original PIN. See the website for more information.
The FASFA must be submitted electronically.
PIN - http://pin.ed.gov/