Services for Years 1 and 2
- Schedule – create yearly schedule; collaborate with faculty to create an integrated schedule for courses, modules and didactic electives.
- Medstation – create and update the daily calendar used by medical students and faculty.
- Syllabi - assist Course, Module and Didactic Elective Directors in compiling, duplicating and distributing the syllabi, including posting documents on Blackboard.
- Podcasting – support and assist in the videotaping of lectures to be posted as podcasts on the Web.
- Qualifiers – assist course and module directors in the creation of self-assessments and qualifiers, analyze the results and communicate those results to students, Course/Module Directors and, if needed, to Student Affairs.
- Survey – create and analyze course and module surveys for use during the course and module reviews.
Clinical Skills Services
- Organize, coordinate and manage all clinical skill sessions under the guidance of the director of the Preclinical Clerkship and the Clinical Skills Program, including the Standardized Patient Program.
- Resource – serve as a resource for faculty and students to answer questions about the curriculum, schedule, policies, etc.
- Events – organize special events such as the end-of-year tutor dinner, orientation, survival fair, and faculty development sessions.
- Beepers – distribute and replace beepers used by medical students.
- Room reservations – oversee the reservation of rooms for classes, small group sessions, student practice, etc.
- Meetings – oversee the scheduling of a range of meetings, including ad-hoc meetings, review meetings, administrative meetings, advisory group meetings, etc.
- Teaching Awards – organize the collection of nominations for all teaching awards.