Faculty development and educational scholarship are critical in carrying out the teaching mission of the School of Medicine. The Educational Scholarship Program was created to develop programs and initiatives that support teaching. This program is overseen by Janet P. Hafler, Ed.D., Assistant Dean for Educational Scholarship.
The following services are offered to departments and faculty:
- Individual or departmental consultations
- Observation and feedback
- Grand rounds
- Individual meetings with faculty
- Defining and evaluating educational contributions in the area of teaching, curriculum, administration/leadership and assessment
- Medical Education Fellowship. It is composed of 10 two-hour sessions addressing curricular development in medical education.
- Peer review of teaching includes two training sessions and two observations.