The degree of Doctor of Medicine is conferred upon students who satisfactorily complete these requirements:
- Pass all of the required basic science courses.
- Pass all of the required clinical clerkships.
- Incoming classes 2019 & beyond: Pass the required 4- week Sub-Internship.
- Pass the examinations of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), Steps I and II.
- Pass the Clinical Skills assessment, performed at the University of Connecticut (UCONN 4) at the end of Year 3 or early in Year 4.
- Submit an approved dissertation by mid-March of the year of graduation.
- Meet all of the requirements of the Progress Committee and Board of Permanent Officers concerning academic standing, moral and ethical character, emotional stability, and professional conduct.