Yale Secondary Application
Yale Secondary Application Deadlines
- Early Decision Program (EDP) applicants: August 31, 2012
- All other MD and MD/PhD applicants: November 15, 2012
To complete the application process, applicants to the MD and MD/PhD programs must submit an online Yale Secondary Application, in addition to their AMCAS application.
All applicants will be invited by email to submit a Yale Secondary Application after submitting the AMCAS application. This email invitation should arrive within one week of submitting the AMCAS application to Yale. If you do not receive this email (in your inbox) within this time frame, please see below for an explanation.
Possible Email Delivery Problem
It has come to our attention that emails sent from our admissions system to some applicants are being filtered into the recipient's spam folder (usually if you are using Gmail). Until this problem has been resolved, we are asking applicants to do three things:
1) Check your spam folder for emails from email@example.com
2) If you see any of these emails in your spam folder, designate them as "not spam," which will redirect the email from your spam folder to your inbox
3) Add the yale.edu domain to your "safe sender" list in Gmail to assure that all future emails from the admissions system will arrive in your inbox by following these instructions:
Log into Gmail
Click on the Settings icon (top right of screen - it looks like a gear).
Choose “Settings” from the list.
Click “Filters” at the top of the page.
Click “Create a new filter”.
In the “From” box in the next window, type "yale.edu" without quotes.
Click “Create filter with this search” at the bottom
Click “Never send it to Spam”
Click “Create filter” button
You may not make any online changes to your Yale Secondary Application after it has been submitted. You must submit your changes in writing to the Office of Admissions by logging in to your application and clicking on the "Status" tab, then clicking on the "Communication" menu, then clicking on the button to send an email to the Admissions Office.