While you are working on your Yale Secondary Application
- How should letters be sent to Yale?
Yale accepts letters of recommendation sent via AMCAS Letter Service, VirtualEvals or Interfolio. Letters may also be mailed directly to Yale at the following address:
Yale School of Medicine
Office of Admissions
ES Harkness Hall D
367 Cedar St.
New Haven, CT 06510
Electronic submission is the preferred method for sending in letters.
- How many letters of recommendation may I submit?
Yale requires a minimum of three individual letters of recommendation or a committee packet. You are welcome to submit additional letters beyond the minimum requirement.collapse
- How should I indicate my most significant activities, achievements and distinctions?
- In this section of the Supplemental Application, please provide a synopsis of your activities, achievements, and distinctions, including those that might have occurred after you submitted your AMCAS application. You do not need to repeat the "Experience Description" passages from your AMCAS application. Instead, we are looking for a bullet-point list that will provide a "snapshot" of your activities, achievements, and distinctions. You are welcome to include as many (or all) of your AMCAS experiences as you wish and they should be listed in order of significance - most important to least important.
NOTE: Please include your current activity or employment position if you have graduated from college. Also, please do not say that an activity occurred from a specific date "to the present." The word "present" is often misleading. Include actual dates, even if projected into the future.
- May I cut and paste my essay into the secondary application?
Yes. If you have problems, you will have to type your essay into the space providedcollapse
- What is the purpose of the "Additional Space" after the essay question?
This page is for you to add any other information you wish to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee.collapse
Once you have submitted the Yale Secondary Application to us
- How can I be sure Yale received my letters of recommendation?
The admissions office electronically tracks all recommendations that are sent to Yale on your behalf, and you will be able to check for yourself via our online status-check page.collapse
- May I make changes to my application once it has been submitted?
Yes, but not online by you. After submitting your Secondary Application, changes must be made by contacting the Admissions Office using the communication tool in the Secondary Application. To find this tool, click on the "Status" tab, then click on the "Communication" link in the left menu. On this page you will see a button to send the office an email.collapse
- What happens once I submit my Yale Supplemental Application electronically?
You will receive an email confirming that the Admissions Office received your application.collapse
- When will my application be processed?
As soon as we receive all application materials, including verified AMCAS application, MCAT Score(s), Yale Secondary Application, $95 application fee (or AMCAS fee waiver), recommendations and other supporting documents (if any).collapse
- How can I print my application?
Log in to the Secondary Application website. Click the link to display your completed application. You can then print your application by using your browser's print function.collapse
- Where can I find my status report?
Go to the Secondary Application homepage and log in. Click on the "Status" tab to view your status report. You can print it by using your browser's print function.collapse
- What is the status report page?
The status report page is where you can go to confirm the completeness of your application. The page gives the dates on which the various components of the application were received and processed by the Admissions Office. Information about interview invitations and final admissions decisions do not appear on this site.collapse
- How will I know when my application is complete?
You will receive an email indicating that your application is complete and in review.collapse
- When will I know if I am invited for an interview?
Invitations to interview are extended between August and February. They are sent by email, so we urge you to keep your email address up to date with AMCAS.collapse
- When will I know the final decision on my application?
Yale does not have "rolling admissions." Decisions are made at the conclusion of the interview season, and decision letters to all applicants will be mailed before the end of March.collapse