Richard E Carson PhD
Professor of Diagnostic Radiology and of Biomedical Engineering; Director, Yale PET Center; Director of Graduate Studies, Biomedical Engineering
Departments & Organizations
Positron emission tomography (PET) modeling and physics; Tracer kinetic modeling methods and parametric imaging techniques for PET tracers; Application of receptors ligands to assess neurotransmitter dynamic; 3D and 4D PET image reconstruction; Medical imaging more...
- Ph.D., University of California at Los Angeles, 1983
- B.S., Brown University, 6/1977
- Sandiego CM, Jin X, Mulnix T, Fowles K, Wells L, Labaree D, Ropchan J, Huang Y, Rabiner EA, Cosgrove K, Castner SA, Williams GV, Carson RE, Awake nonhuman primate brain PET imaging with minimal head restraint: Evaluation of GABAA, benzodiazepine binding with [11C]flumazenil in awake and anesthetized animals, J Nucl Med, 54:1962-1968, 2013.
- Sirianni RW, Zheng M-Q, Schafbauer T, Patel T, Zhou J, Saltzman WM, Huang Y, Carson RE, A non-invasive imaging technique for measuring the distribution of drugs and polymers after direct delivery to the brain, Mol Imag Biol, 15:596-605, 2013.
- Hannestad J, DellaGioia N, Gallezot J-D, Lim K, Nabulsi N, Esterlis I, Pittman B, Lee J-Y, O’Connor KC, Pelletier D, Carson RE, The neuroinflammation marker translocator protein is not elevated in individuals with mild-to-moderate depression: A [11C]PBR28 PET study, Brain Beh Immun, 33:131-138, 2013.