Demetrius Dicks MD
Assistant Professor, Thoracic and Cardiac Imaging sections, Department of Diagnostic Radiology
Cardiac MR in adult congenital heart disease, teaching the business of radiology, low dose CT lung cancer screening.
Extensive Research Description
My personal research interests are in adult congenital heart disease, particularly in longitudinal evaluation of regional cardiac function in repaired Tetralogy of Fallot. Additionally, I am interested in the optimization of imaging and appropriate radiation dose modulation in the evaluation of interstitial lung disease by high resolution chest computed tomography.
- Dicks DL, Saloner D, Martin AJ, Carlsson M, and Saeed M. Percutaneous transendocardial VEGF gene therapy: MRI -guided delivery and characterization of 3D myocardial strain. Int J Cardiol. 2010 Sep 143(3):255-263
- Dicks DL, Carlsson M, Heiberg E, Saloner D, Martin AJ, Arheden H, Saeed M. Persistent decline in longitudinal and radial strain after coronary microembolization detected on velocity encoded phase contrast magnetic resonance imaging. Magn Reson Imaging 2009; Jul 30(1):69-76.
- Medverd JM, Dicks DL, Tang J, Cinelli CM, Stratil PG, Kohr JR, Monroe EJ. Business of radiology 101: the state of radiology business practice and healthcare policy curricula at US radiology residency programs. J Am Coll Radiol 2012;Mar; 9(3):174-180.e1.
- Walker, CM, Saldaña, DA, Gladish, GW, Dicks, DL, Kicska G, Reddy, GP. Cardiac Complications of Oncologic Therapy: A Pictorial Review. Radiographics 2012 (In press).
- Iyer RS, Bhargava P, Sandstrom CK, Dicks DL, Reddy GP. Establishing a fellowship education committee. J Am Coll Radiol 2013 Jan 12 S1546-1440