For full policy please refer to MRI Safety ManualClick Here!
Gad Quick Reference Sheet
Who Needs eGFR testing?
- Over 60 years of age
- A patient that answers yes to questions 19-23 on screening sheet
- eGFR Labs must be less than 6 weeks old and eGFR greater than 30
- If eGFR less than 30- Radiologist needs to consent, use Prohance instead of Gadavist
- eGFR must be less than 2 days old, and eGFR greater than 40
- If eGFR is less than 40 Radiologist needs to consent, use Prohance instead of Gadavist
***If using “double dose” gadolinium, eGFR must be greater than 60 ***
Consent form for Gadolinium in patients with kidney disease
Who needs a Hcg urine test?
- Females getting contrast ages 10-60
- Adults (18+) can sign a waiver, peds (10-17) cannot sign waiver
Who needs a nephrology consult?
- Only patients on dialysis need a formal nephrology consult/approval