The Division of Clinical Radiology provides imaging and interventional services primarily at Yale-New Haven Hospital. Yale Diagnostic Radiology also provides radiology services at the VA Connecticut Health Care System in West Haven, the Yale-New Haven outpatient facilities located at Long Wharf Medical Center in New Haven, the Yale-New Haven Shoreline Medical Center in Guilford, Yale-New Haven East Haven Outpatient Imaging, and the Yale University Health Services in New Haven.
- Yale-New Haven Hospital is a 944-bed tertiary care facility that is the medical school's primary teaching hospital. It has more than 6,000 employees, including more than 3,000 medical staff and 1,200 registered nurses. It treats 40,000 inpatients annually and registers more than 445,000 outpatient visits at its various clinics, including one-day surgery, specialty clinics, the emergency department, the Primary Care Center and others. The main campus includes Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital, Yale-New Haven Psychiatric Hospital and the Yale Smilow Cancer Center.
YNHH General Information: 203-688-4242, Web site
Children's Hospital General Information: 203-688-4177, Web site
- Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven is southern New England's only cancer center designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute - one of only 41 in the nation. The 14-story building includes a healing garden, a boutique, 112 inpatient beds, outpatient treatment rooms, expanded operating rooms, infusion suites, diagnostic imaging services, radiation oncology, and a specialized Women’s Cancer Center. Caregivers work hard to help patients and their families navigate through their diagnosis and subsequent treatment plans. A multidisciplinary approach is used to evaluate and treat all patients. Physicians meet to discuss every patient's care, related diagnostic findings, and treatment strategies, resulting in the development of a unique and comprehensive treatment plan for each patient that can include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, a combination of treatments, or conservative monitoring.
Smilow Cancer Hospital Patient Care Information: 203-785-4191, Web site
- The VA Connecticut Healthcare System serves more than 300,000 veterans in CT and southern New England. The West Haven facility includes a 191-bed inpatient facility and an ambulatory care center and provides a full range of primary, secondary and tertiary care in medicine, geriatrics, neurology, psychiatry and surgery. The VA Connecticut system overall has 1,742 employees, a nursing staff of 405 and a medical staff of 458. It treats 4,700 inpatients and registers more than 512,000 outpatient visits in West Haven and Newington and at its community clinics in New London, Stamford, Waterbury, Windham, Winsted and Danbury.
Diagnostic Imaging General Information: 203-937-3842, Web site
- Y-NHH Long Wharf Outpatient Imaging offers outpatient services including adult radiography, ultrasonography, screening mammography and bone densitometry at 150 Sergeant Drive. Pediatric radiology services, including radiography, fluoroscopy, and ultrasonography, are provided at One Long Wharf. Patient drop off is within 50 feet of our offices, so access for the elderly and disabled is particularly convenient. A blood drawing service and pharmacy are available, further simplifying visits for some patients. Parking is free.
Diagnostic Imaging Scheduling & appointments: 203-688-4212, Web site
- Yale-New Haven Shoreline Medical Center state-of-the-art 80,000 square foot facility makes high-quality ambulatory care (for which Yale-New Haven has long been known) easily accessible to Shoreline residents. In addition to operating rooms, endoscopy suites, radiation oncology and diagnostic imaging, the center houses a dedicated urgent care center that operates 24 x 7. Radiology services include radiography, fluoroscopy, ultrasonography, CT, MR, breast imaging, and nuclear medicine. The department shares daytime coverage with Radiology Consultants, PC, and it provides 100% of the after hours coverage by teleradiology.
General Information: 203-453-7200, Web site
- Y-NHH East Haven Outpatient Imaging offers outpatient imaging services including radiography, ultrasonography, screening mammography and bone densitometry on Foxon Road in East Haven. A blood drawing service and free parking are also available. Web site