|Smilow Cancer Hospital - 35 Park Street
New Haven, CT 06520-8042
Admin Assistant, M. Lisa Varipapa
The Yale Breast Imaging section is devoted to providing state-of-the-art quality breast imaging and diagnosis. This includes screening and diagnostic mammography, ultrasound, MRI and interventional procedures including pre-operative needle localization, stereotactic US, and MR core biopsy. As a comprehensive breast center, the staff and radiologists are all highly specialized to provide the best care possible.
The radiologists are nationally recognized leaders in breast imaging. Active research includes biopsy outcomes and management, breast MRI, and digital tomosynthesis imaging.
Section's statistics (per year)
18,000 Total studies
5500 Diagnostic exams
2000 Breast Ultrasounds
The Breast Imaging section is an integral part of the Yale-New Haven Breast Center of Yale-New Haven Hospital. In addition to teaching Yale Medical students and Diagnostic Radiology residents, the section hosts fellowships through either Breast Imaging or a combined program with Body Imaging.
- Breast MRI
- Breast interventional procedures
- Digital tomosynthesis imaging
- Improvements in breast biopsy
- Breast cancer screening
- Breast ultrasound and elastography
AWARDS & HONORS
Books & Chapters:
- Regina Hooley, Leslie Scoutt & Liane Philpotts."Breast Ultrasound: State of the Art" is scheduled to be published in the September issue in Radiology.
- Dr. Regina Hooley has written the following chapters in Diagnostic Imaging: Breast, 2nd Edition.
-Breast MRI: Overview
-Ultrasound-guided Core Needle Biopsy