Publications on Transimmunization
The accompanying recent publications are provided as PDF files that can be opened in Acrobat Reader. They are selected from the large group of relevant citations in the medical literature.
The first set of three review papers was published in June 2002 as part of a special issue of the Journal of Transfusion and Apheresis Science, commemorating 20 years of experience with Extracorporeal Photochemotherapy (ECP) and highlighting the more advanced immunotherapy, referred to as "Transimmunization," which the Yale group has recently devised.
The second group of PDF files contains two original papers, describing the scientific advances which have led to Transimmunization.
- Transimmunization: the science catches up to the clinical success
- Transimmunization, a novel approach for tumor immunotherapy
- Transimmunization and the evolution of extracorporeal photochemotherapy
- Induction of human tumor-loaded dendritic cells (This paper describes the mechanism by which ECP produces clinical responses and how Transimmunization more efficiently applies those principles.)
- The growth of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma is stimulated by immature dendritic cells (This paper includes experimental information, showing how damaged malignant cells can be more efficiently internalized by dendritic antigen presenting cells, which can then potentially serve as cellular anti-cancer vaccines.)