Yale University Open Data Access (YODA) Project
“J&J puts trial data in independent hands” (chemistryworld, February 4, 2014)
“Give the Data to the People” (New York Times, February 3, 2014)
"J&J to allow access to clinical research through Yale open-data project" (Modern Healthcare, January 30, 2014)
“Yale program’s agreement with Johnson & Johnson allows broad access to clinical trial data” (Yale News, January 30, 2014)
“Johnson & Johnson Announces Clinical Trial Data Sharing Agreement with Yale School of Medicine” (Johnson & Johnson, January 30, 2014)
“Johnson & Johnson Will Share Clinical Trial Data” (Forbes, January 30, 2014)
“In Stunning Win For Open Science, Johnson & Johnson Decides To Release Its Clinical Trial Data To Researchers” (Forbes, January 30, 2014)
“J&J chooses Yale to review requests for clinical drug data” (Reuters, January 30, 2014)
“J&J to Share Drug Research Data in Pact With Yale” (Wall Street Journal, January 30, 2014)
“J&J Sets Drug Data Free in ‘YODA’ Collaboration With Yale” (Bloomberg, January 30, 2014)
“J&J’s Clinical Data Disclosure Strategy Focuses On Collaboration With Yale University Group” (Informa, January 30, 2014)
“J&J Opens Data Vault to Yale, in ‘Unprecedented’ Transparency Move” (Xconomy, January 30, 2014)
“Medtronic's Infuse No Better than Bone Graft with More Risk”(Bloomberg Businessweek, June 18, 2013)
“Long-awaited Yale Study Raises Questions about Integrity of Previous Studies of Medtronic's Infuse ” (Minneapolis Star Tribune, June 18, 2013)
“Safety Review of Bone Growth Product Ushers in New Era of Data Sharing” (Yale News, June 17, 2013)
"Outside Review of Clinical Data Find a Spinal Treatment's Benefit Overstated” (New York Times, June 17, 2013)
“Studies Fail to Back Medtronic Drug Claims ” (Wall Street Journal, June 17, 2013)
“Medtronic Bone Graft has Limited Benefit, May Cause Harm- Reviews” (Reuters, June 17, 2013)“Data Reviews Question Use of rhBMP-2 in Spinal Fusion” (Medscape, June 17, 2013)
“Report Deals Another Blow to Synthetic Bone Growth Product” (Stanford Medicine, June 17, 2013)
"BMP Use: Evaluating Industry-Funded Trials" (A presentation given by Kevin Bozic, MD, at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS) Clinical Research Forum, February 6, 2012)
"More Lessons from the BMP Trials Controversy" (The Daily Edition - AAOS Now, February 10, 2012)
"A Model for Dissemination and Independent Analysis of Clinical Trial Program Data" (A presentation given by Harlan Krumholz, MD, at the American College of Cardiology (ACC) Board of Trustees Meeting, December 5, 2011)
"Yale Selects Two Research Centers to Review Safety of Bone Growth Product" (Yale News, December 5, 2011)
"The Aftermath of the BMP-2 Crisis: Restoring Confidence in Spine Research and Spine Care" (The Back Letter, Vol. 26, No. 11, November 2011)
"Yale Doc Weighs In on Medtronic's Infuse" (MassDevice.com, November 14, 2011)
"Did Medtronic Sell an Unsafe Product?” (Minneapolis Star Tribune, November 14, 2011)
"Yale Docs Propose Model to Aid True, Evidence-based Medicine” (TheHeart.org, October 13, 2011)
“Questions About Spine Fusion Product Prompt a New Process for Reviewing Data” (InHealth.org, October 3, 2011)
“Unprecedented Access” (BMJ Podcast, September 9, 2011)
“Medtronic Submits Full Data on Spinal Protein to Independent Scrutiny” (BMJ, August 30, 2011)
“Medtronic Hires Yale Experts for Spine Drug Review” (Reuters, August 4, 2011)
“Medtronic Giving Yale Grant to Review Bone Growth Data” (New York Times, August 3, 2011)
“Medtronic Engages Yale University to Oversee Independent, Systematic Reviews of Recombinant Bone Morphogenic Protein-2: First of its Kind Post-Review Website to Provide Scientific Access to Full Clinical Data ” (Business Wire, August 3, 2011)
- Krumholz HM, Ross JS, Gross CP, Emanuel EJ, Hodshon B, Ritchie JD, Low JB, Lehman R. A Historic Moment for Open Science: The Yale University Open Data Access Project and Medtronic. Annals of Internal Medicine 2013;158:910-1.
- Ross JS, Krumholz HM. Implications of clinical trial data sharing for medical writers. Medical Writing 2013;22:45-9.
- Rathi V, Dzara K, Gross CP, Hrynaszkiewicz I, Joffe S, Krumholz HM, Strait KM, Ross JS. Sharing of clinical trial data among trialists: a cross sectional survey. BMJ 2012;345:e7570.
- Krumholz HM. Open Science and Data Sharing in Clinical Research: Basing Informed Decisions on the Totality of the Evidence. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2012;5:141-2.
- Ross JS, Lehman R, Gross CP. The Importance of Clinical Trial Data Sharing: Toward More Open Science. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2012;5:238-40.
- Krumholz HM. Independent Analysis of Industry Data Necessary for Promoting Collaborative Science. Cardiology 2012;41:9.
- Ross JS, Gross CP, Krumholz HM. Promoting Transparency in Pharmaceutical Industry–Sponsored Research. Am J Public Health 2012;102:72-80.
- Ross JS, Tse T, Zarin DA, Xu H, Zhou L, Krumholz HM. Publication of NIH Funded Trials Registered in ClinicalTrials.gov: Cross Sectional Analysis. BMJ 2011;344:d7292.
- Krumholz HM, Ross JS. A Model for Dissemination and Independent Analysis of Industry Data. JAMA 2011;306:1593-4.