NHLBI Center for Cardiovascular Outcomes Research (CCOR) at Yale University
"Murmurs, Rubs & Gallops-6/13/2014"
JAMA Internal Medicine Blog, June 13, 2014
"Diabetes treatment cost and use on rapid rise, nearly as rapid as diagnosis trend"
Tech Times, June 11, 2014
"Out-of-pocket costs for insulin rose during the 2000s"
Reuters, June 10, 2014
"Diabetics using more insulin as expense doubles in past decade"
Chicago Tribune, June 10, 2014
"Improving outcomes for aortic valve replacement in the USA"
Nature Reviews Cardiology, December 10, 2013
"Top hospitals reduce readmissions by preventing complications"
Science Daily, November 20, 2013
"Options for Replacing Faulty Aortic Valves Look Good"
MedPage Today, November 18, 2013
"Rate of Aortic Valve Replacement for Elderly Patients Increased; Outcomes Improved"
Science Daily, November 17, 2013
"Hospitals' nesiritide use declines at different rates"
Cardiovascular Business, September 23, 2013
"Decline in hospitalizations for serious heart infection"
Science Daily, September 16, 2013
"Early discharge planning at hospital admission can lower mortality after a heart attack"
AHRQ Research Activities, September 2013
"Hospitals React to HF Drug Risks at Varying Pace"
MedPage Today, August 8, 2013
- Dharmarajan K, Hsieh AF, Kulkarni VT, Lin Z, Ross JS, Horwitz LI, Kim N, Suter LG, Lin H, Normand SL, Krumholz HM. Trajectories of risk after hospitalization for heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, or pneumonia: retrospective cohort study. BMJ 2015; 350:h411
- Krumholz, HM, Normand SL, Wang, Y. Trends in hospitalizations and outcomes for acute cardiovascular disease and stroke, 1999-2011. Circulation. 2014;130: 966-75.
- Venkatesh AK, Dai Y, Ross JS, Schuur JD, Capp R, Krumholz HM. Variation in U.S. hospital emergency department admission rates by clinical condition. Medical Care. 2014;epub ahead of print: 10.1097.
- Ranasinghe I, Wang Y, Dharmarajan K, Hsieh AF, Bernheim SM, Krumholz HM. Readmissions after hospitalization for heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, or pneumonia among young and middle-aged adults: A retrospective observational cohort study. PLoS Med. 2014;11:e1001737.
- Chaudhry SI, Khan, RF, Chen J, Dharmarajan K, Dodson JA, Masoudi FA, Wang Y, Krumholz HM. National trends in recurrent AMI hospitalizations 1 year after acute myocardial Infarction in medicare beneficiaries: 1999 to 2010. JAHA. 2014;3: e001197.
- Mody PS, Wang Y, Geirsson A, Kim N, Desai MM, Gupta A, Dodson JA, Krumholz HM. Trends in aortic dissection hospitalizations, interventions, and outcomes among Medicare beneficiaries in the United States, 2000-2011. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2014;7:920-8.
- Lampropulos J, Kim N, Wang, Y, Desai MM, Barreto-Filho JA, Dodson, JA, Dries DL, Mangi AA, Krumholz HM. Trends in left ventricular assist device use and outcomes among Medicare beneficiaries, 2004-2011. Open Heart. 2014; 1:e000109.
- Bucholz E, Butala N, Rathore S, Dreyer R, Lansky A, Krumholz HM. Sex differences in long-term mortality after myocardial infarction: A systematic review. Circulation. 2014; 130:757-67.
- Li J, Li X, Wang Q, Hu S, Wang Y, Masoudi FA, Spertus JA, Krumholz HM, Jiang L; for the China PEACE Collaborative Group. ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in China from 2001 to 2011 (the China PEACE-retrospective acute myocardial infarction study): a retrospective analysis of hospital data. Lancet. 2014;. pii: S0140-6736(14)60921-1.
- Lipska KJ, Ross JS, Wang Y, Inzucchi SE, Minges K, Karter AJ, Huang ES, Desai MM, Gill TM, Krumholz HM. National trends in US hospital admissions for hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia among Medicare beneficiaries, 1999 to 2011. JAMA Intern Med. 2014;174:1116-24.
- Spatz ES, Sheth SD, Gosch KL, Desai MM, Spertus JA, Krumholz HM, Ross JS. Usual source of care and outcomes following acute myocardial infarction. J Gen Intern Med. 2014;29:862-9.
- Xu X, Li SX, Lin H, Normand SL, Kim N, Ott LS, Lagu T, Duan M, Kroch EA, Krumholz HM. "Phenotyping" hospital value of care for patients with heart failure. Health Serv Res. 2014; 49:2000-16.
- Wang Y, Lichtman JH, Dharmarajan K, Masoudi FA, Ross JS, Dodson JA, Chen J, Spertus JA, Chaudhry SI, Nallamothu BK, Krumholz HM. National trends in stroke after acute myocardial infarction among Medicare patients in the United States: 1999-2010. Am Heart J. 2014; In press.
- Lu L, Krumholz HM, Tu JV, Ross JS, Ko DT, Jackevicius CA. Impact of the ENHANCE trial on the use of ezetimibe in the United States and Canada. Am Heart J. 2014;167:683-9.
- Sen S, Soulos PR, Herrin J, Roberts KB, Yu JB, Lesnikoski BA, Ross JS, Krumholz HM, Gross CP. For-profit hospital ownership status and use of brachytherapy after breast-conserving surgery. Surgery. 2014;155:776-88.
- Wang EA, Aminawung JA, Wildeman C, Ross JS, Krumholz HM. High incarceration rates among black men enrolled in clinical studies may compromise ability to identify disparities. Health Aff. 2014;33:848-55.
- D'Agostino RB Sr, Ansell BJ, Mora S, Krumholz HM. Clinical decisions. The guidelines battle on starting statins. N Engl J Med. 2014;370:1652-8.
- Suter LG, Li SX, Grady JN, Lin Z, Wang Y, Bhat KR, Turkmani D, Spivack SB, Lindenauer PK, Merrill AR, Drye EE, Krumholz HM, Bernheim SM. National patterns of risk-standardized mortality and readmission after hospitalization for acute myocardial infarction, heart failure, and pneumonia: update on publicly reported outcomes measures based on the 2013 release. J Gen Intern Med. 2014;29:1333-40.
- Safavi KC, Li SX, Dharmarajan K, Venkatesh AK, Strait KM, Lin H, Lowe TJ, Fazel R, Nallamothu BK, Krumholz HM. Hospital variation in the use of noninvasive cardiac imaging and its association with downstream testing, interventions, and outcomes. JAMA Intern Med. 2014;174:546-53.
- Steventon A, Krumholz HM. Does US health reform reduce hospital readmission rates? BMJ. 2014;348:g2641.
- Krumholz HM. Neuraminidase inhibitors for influenza. BMJ. 2014;348:g2548.
- Krumholz HM. The new cholesterol and blood pressure guidelines: perspective on the path forward JAMA. 2014;311:1403-5.
- Becker JE, Krumholz HM, Ben-Josef G, Ross JS. Reporting of results in ClinicalTrials.gov and high-impact journals. JAMA. 2014;311:1063-5.
- Li J, Dharmarajan K, Li X, Lin Z, Normand SL, Krumholz HM, Jiang L; China PEACE Collaborative Group. Protocol for the China peace (Patient-centered Evaluative Assessment of Cardiac Events) retrospective study of coronary catheterisation and percutaneous coronary intervention. BMJ Open. 2014;4:e004595.
- Capp R, Ross JS, Fox JP, Wang Y, Desai MM, Venkatesh AK, Krumholz HM. Hospital variation in risk-standardized hospital admission rates from U.S. emergency departments among adults Am J Emerg Med. 2014; pii: S0735-6757(14)00221-6. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2014.03.033.
- Minges KE, Curtis JP. Living in the readmission era. Circ Cardiovascular Interventions. 2014; 7: 9-10.
- Lipska KJ, Krumholz HM. Comparing diabetes medications. Where do we set the bar? JAMA Intern Med. 2014;174;317-8.
- Bradley EH, Sipsma H, Horwitz LI, Curry L, Krumholz HM. Contemporary data about hospital strategies to reduce unplanned readmissions: what has changed? JAMA Intern Med. 2014;174:154-6.
- Allen LA, Fonarow GC, Grau-Sepulveda MV, Hernandez AF, Peterson PN, Partovian C, Li S-X, Heidenreich PA, Bhatt DL, Peterson ED, Krumholz HM. Hospital Variation in Intravenous Inotrope Use for Patients Hospitalized with Heart Failure: Insights from Get With The Guidelines. Circ Heart Failure. 2014;7:251-60.
- Downing NS, Aminawung JA, Shah ND, Krumholz HM, Ross JS. Clinical trial evidence supporting FDA approval of novel therapeutic agents, 2005-2012. JAMA. 2014;311:368-77.
- Chan AW, Song F, Vickers A, Jefferson T, Dickersin K, Gøtzsche PC, Krumholz HM, Ghersi D, van der Worp HB. Increasing value and reducing waste: addressing inaccessible research. Lancet. 2014;383:257-66.
- Wang Y, Eldridge N, Metersky ML, Verzier NR, Meehan TP, Pandolfi MM, Foody JM, Ho SY, Galusha D, Kliman RE, Sonnenfeld N, Krumholz HM, Battles J. National trends in patient safety for four common conditions, 2005-2011. N Eng J Med. 2014;370:341-51.
- Silverman MG, Blaha MJ, Krumholz HM, Budoff MJ, Blankstein R, Sibley CT, Agatston A, Blumenthal RS, Nasir K. Impact of coronary artery calcium on coronary heart disease events in individuals at the extremes of traditional risk factor burden: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis. Eur Heart J. 2014;35:2232-41.