CORE Photo Gallery
Showing images 0-0 of 0.
CORE staff members volunteer for Habitat for Humanity in the local community to help with house building and repair in March 2013.
From left to right: Julia Montague, Megan Keenan, Michael Araas, Elizabeth Eddy, Jaymie Potteiger, Steven Spivack, Siphannay Nhean
- CORE Early Stage Investigators pose for a group photo outside of the QCOR conference in May 2012 in Atlanta, GA.
From left to right: Aakriti Gupta, MD, Purav Mody, MD, Serene Chen, AB, Julianna Lampropulos, MD, and Behnood Bikdeli, MD
- CORE Early Stage Investigator John Dodson, MD, a QCOR 2012 Young Investigator Award Finalist, presents his findings at QCOR in May 2012.
The presentation is titled “Declining Early and Late Mortality After Mitral Valve Surgery Among Medicare Patients”.
- Early Stage Investigator Kumar Dharmarajan, MD, MBA, a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Columbia University and CORE external collaborator, presents his findings to the NHLBI CCOR Project Officer, Nakela Cook, MD at QCOR in May 2012.
The poster is titled “Common Diagnostic Tests Do Not Guide Treatment for Acute Respiratory Conditions in Patients Hospitalized with Heart Failure”.
- A global team of experts has been assembled to participate in the China PEACE initiative. CORE is collaborating with the China National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, the Chinese Ministry of Health, and an international team of researchers to develop three prospective and two retrospective registries for Coronary Heart Disease (CHD).
- The YODA Project Data Sharing Conference was held on June 2012 at the Yale University School of Law. Attendees were comprised of YODA Project Steering Committee members as well as other experts from academia, government, and industry.
- Two of the nation's most prominent outcomes researchers, Dr. John Wennberg (seated top right) and Dr. Jon Skinner (seated top left) of the Dartmouth Atlas of Health Care, visit CORE in October 2011 for a roundtable discussion on various topics related to the field.
- From the taping of the Discovery Channel's August 20, 2011 program "Comparative Effectiveness Research: Plans, Promises and Pitfalls".
The photo includes (left to right): Rea Blakey (host), Harlan Krumholz, MD (Director of CORE), Carolyn Clancy, MD and Anthony McCall, MD, PhD.
Courtesy: Discovery Communications
- CORE collaborator Lixin Jiang, from the National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases Fuwai Hospital in Beijing, China, and CORE's Director, Dr. Harlan Krumholz, present at Yale in March 2011.
- Members of the CORE team and CORE collaborators from the National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases Fuwai Hospital attend a dinner at the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA) in Beijing, China in August 2011.
- CORE's VIRGO team celebrates the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women "Wear Red Day".
- Mentored by CORE's Director, Dr. Harlan Krumholz, Yale medical student Vivek Kulkarni presents a poster at the ACC.11 & i2 Summit in April 2011.
The poster is titled "Effects of Regional Medicare Advantage Penetration on Risk-Standardized Outcome Measures".
- Members of CORE and collaborators from Fuwai Hospital at the International Heart Forum in Beijing, China in September 2009.
- CORE's Director, Dr. Harlan Krumholz, and China's Minister of Health, Dr. Chen Zhu, meet in Beijing, China in September 2009.
- CORE's Director, Dr. Harlan Krumholz, and Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader, Tom Daschle, serve as two of the panelists for the Opening Plenary Session of the Heart Rhythm Society's "Heart Rhythm 2010" program. The session addressed questions surrounding the impact of health care reform on quality and outcomes.
- The Hospitalomics team meets during the project kick-off. The Hospitalomics project brings together expert collaborators from Yale CORE, additional departments of Yale University, Harvard University, Baystate Health, Premier, Inc. and Lifetech Research.