Cardiovascular Diseases; Epidemiology; Health Services; Health Status; Myocardial Infarction; Sex; Women's Health
Public Health Interests
Cardiovascular Disease; Epidemiology Methods; Health Disparities; Health Services Research; Heart disease in young women; Quality of care
Dr Dreyer is an outcomes research scientist focused on applying both quantitative and qualitative analytical methodologies, with particular expertise in women's cardiovascular health. She has extensive research training in epidemiology, management, biostatistics and qualitative methods. Her excellence in research has led to numerous peer reviewed publications, collaboration of international projects, distinguished invitations to speak at meetings throughout Australia and the United States, and international media coverage (~86 million viewers- over 30 news agencies worldwide). Dr Dreyer has also been successful in obtaining competitive research funding, including the American Australian Association Fellowship and the American Heart Association’s Quality of Care and Outcomes Research Early Career Fellowship.
- Dreyer RP, Wang Y, Strait KM, Lorenze NP, D’Onofrio G, Bueno H, Lichtman JH, Spertus JA, Krumholz HM. Gender Differences in the Trajectory of Recovery in Health Status Among Young Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction: Results From the Variation in Recovery: Role of Gender on Outcomes of Young AMI Patients (VIRGO) Study. Circulation. 2015;131:1971-80.
- Dreyer RP, Ranasinghe I, Wang Y, Dharmarajan K, Murugiah K, Nuti SV, Hsieh AF, Spertus JA, Krumholz HM. Sex Differences in the Rate, Timing and Principal Diagnoses of 30-Day Readmissions in Young Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction. Circulation. 2015; [Epub ahead of print].
- Dreyer RP, Smolderen KG, Strait KM, Beltrame J, Lichtman JH, Lorenze N, D’Onofrio G, Bueno H, Krumholz HM, Spertus JA. Sex Differences in Pre-Event Health Status of Young Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction: The VIRGO Study. Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2015; [Epub ahead of print].
- Smolderen KG, Strait KM, Dreyer RP, D’Onofrio G, Lichtman JH, Safdar B, Krumholz HM, Spertus, JA. Depressive symptoms in younger women and men with acute myocardial infarction: insights from the VIRGO study. J Am Heart Assoc. 2015;4(4).
- D’Onofrio G, Safdar B, Lichtman JH, Strait KM, Dreyer RP, Geda M, Spertus JA, Krumholz HM. Sex Differences in Reperfusion in Young Patients with ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Results of the VIRGO Study. Circulation. 2015;131:1324-32.
- Pasupathy S, Dreyer RP, Neil C, Tavella R, Beltrame J. Myocardial Infarction with Non-Obstructed Coronary Arteries (MINOCA): A Systematic Review. Circulation. 2015;131:861-70.
- Zheng X, Dreyer RP, Shuang H, Spatz ES, Masoudi FA, Spertus JA, Nasier K, Li J, Wang S, Krumholz HM, Jiang L, for the China PEACE collaborative group. Age-Specific Gender Differences in Early Mortality Following ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Evidence from the China PEACE-Retrospective. Heart. 2015;101:349-55.
- Dreyer RP, Van Zitteren M, Beltrame J, Fitridge R, Denollet J, Vriens P, Spertus JA, Smolderen KG. Gender Differences in Health Status and adverse outcomes of Patients with Peripheral Artery Disease. J Am Heart Assoc. 2014;4:e000863.
- Bucholz EM, Strait KM, Dreyer RP, Geda M, Spatz ES, Bueno H, Lichtman JH, D’onofrio G, Spertus JA, Krumholz HM. The Effect of Low Perceived Social Support on Health Outcomes in Young Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction: Results from the VIRGO Study. J Am Heart Assoc. 2014; 3:e001252.
- Nuti SV, Wayda B, Ranasinghe I, Wang S, Dreyer RP, Chen SI, Murugiah K. The Use of Google Trends in Health Care Research: A Systematic Review. PLos One. 2014; 9:e109583.
- Bucholz EM, Butala NM, Rathore SS, Dreyer RP, Lansky AJ, Krumholz HM. Sex Differences in Long-term Mortality after Myocardial Infarction: A Systematic Review. Circulation. 2014; 130:757-67.
- Dreyer RP, Beltrame J, Tavella R, Air T, Hoffmann B, Pati P, Di Fiore D, Arstall M, and Zeitz C. Evaluation of Gender Differences in Door-to-Balloon Time in ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 2013; 22:861-869.