Delivery of Health Care; Health Services Research; Pharmaceutical Services; Quality of Health Care
Public Health Interests
Health care delivery; Medical technology; Medicare/Medicaid; Prescription Drugs; Quality of care
Internal Medicine: Center for Outcomes Research & Evaluation (CORE) | General Internal Medicine | Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program: National Clinician Scholars Program
Dr. Ross's research focuses on the translation of clinical research into practice, using health policy research methods to examine the use and delivery of higher quality care and to better understand issues related to pharmaceutical and medical device evidence development and post-market surveillance.
- Rathi V, Dzara K, Gross CP, Hrynaszkiewicz I, Joffe S, Krumholz HM, Strait KM, Ross JS. Clinical trial data sharing among trialists: a cross-sectional survey. BMJ. 2012;345:e7570.
- Downing NS, Aminawung JA, Shah ND, Braunstein JB, Krumholz HM, Ross JS. Regulatory review of novel therapeutics: comparison of three regulatory agencies. New England Journal of Medicine. 2012;366:2284-2293.
- Ross JS, Bernheim SH, Lin ZQ, Chen J, Drye EE, Normand SLT, Krumholz HM. Based on key measures, care quality for Medicare enrollees at safety-net and non-safety-net hospitals was almost equal. Health Affairs. 2012;31:1739-48.
- Blum AB, Kleinman LC, Starfield, Ross JS. Impact of state laws that extend eligibility for parents’ health insurance coverage to young adults. Pediatrics. 2012;129:426-432.
- Ross JS, Jackevicius CA, Krumholz HM, Ridgeway JL, Montori VM, Alexander GC, Zerzan JT, Fan J, Shah ND. State Medicaid programs did not make use of prior authorization to promote safer prescribing after rosiglitazone warning. Health Affairs. 2012;31:188-198.
- Ross JS, Tse T, Zarin DA, Xu H, Zhou L, Krumholz HM. Publication of NIH funded trials after registration in ClinicalTrials.gov: a cross-sectional analysis. BMJ. 2012;344:d7292.