Xiao-Bing Gao PhD
Associate Professor of Comparative Medicine and of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences
- Synaptic plasticity in hypocretin neurons: re-setting arousal threshold.
Toronto, Canada(2009 - 2009)
Invited lecture: From the synapse to sleep homeostasis, 4th Conference of the Canadian Sleep Society (CSS)
- Invited Seminar
Zhenjiang, Jiangsu, China(2008 - 2008)
"Stay up late" induces synaptic plasticity in neurons in the brain.
- Long-term potentiation underlies adaptive changes in hypocretin/orexin neurons.
Shanghai, China(2008 - 2008)
- Synaptic plasticity in mouse hypocretin/orexin neurons.
Oulu, Finland(2008 - 2008)
Invited lecture: 10 Years of Hypocretins/Orexins -physiology and pathophysiology, Acta Physiologica International Symposium
Education & Training
- Shanghai Institute of Physiology, China (1996)
- Postdoctoral Associate
- Yale University School of Medicine, Neurosurgery (1996 - 2000)
Honors & Recognition
- Scientist Development Grant
American Heart Association (2001)
- Mentored Research Scientist Development Award
- Member, Research Grant Review Committee (RGRC), American Diabetes Association (ADA) (2009 - 2011)
- ad hoc member, National Institute of Health (2009)
- Ad hoc reviewer, National Science Foundation (2008)
- Ad hoc member, NIH (10/01/2010 - 12/31/2011)
- Ad hoc reviewer, BBSRC, UK (05/01/2010 - 03/31/2011)