Human Development; Motivation; Public Policy; Intervention Studies
- Zigler, E. (In press). Intelligence and cognitive exceptionality: The motivational perspective. In S. Kreitler (Ed.), Cognition in context. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Zigler, E., & Beatty, B. (In press). Reliving the history of compensatory education: Policy choices, bureaucracy, and the politicized role of science in the evolution of Head Start. New York: Teachers College Press.
- Zigler, E., & Finn-Stevenson, M. (in press). The School of the 21st Century: Addressing the needs of the whole child. In B. Falk (Ed.) In defense of childhood. New York: Teachers College Press
- Burack, J.A., Hodapp, R.M., Iarocci, G., & Zigler, E., (2011). The Oxford Handbook of Intellectual Disability and Development. New York, NY: Oxford University Press
- Zigler, E., Gilliam, & W., Barnett, W.S. (Eds.) (2011). Current debates and issues in prekindergarten education. Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes.
- Zigler, E., Muenchow, S., & Ruhm, C. (In press). Time off with baby: The case for paid infant care leave. Washington, DC. Zero to Three
- Bishop-Josef, S. J., & Zigler, E. (2011). Play and Head Start. In S. W. Russ & L. N. Niec (Eds.), Play in clinical practice: Evidence-Based Approaches. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Zigler, E. (2010). Are we promising too much for preschool education programs? In A. Reynolds, A. Rolnick, M. Englund & J. Temple (Eds.), Childhood programs and practices in the first decade of life: A human capital integration. New York: Cambridge Un
- Zigler, E., & Finn-Stevenson, M. (2010). A new role for schools: Providing child care and family support services. In D. Preiss & R. Sternberg (Eds.), Innovations in educational psychology perspectives on learning, teaching, and human development. New
- Zigler, E., Mahoney, J., & Parente, M. (2010). After-school program participation and children’s development. In J. Meece & J. Eccles (Eds.), Handbook of research on schools, schooling, and human development. Pp. 379-397. Routledge