Gerard Sanacora PhD, MD
Professor of Psychiatry; Director, Yale Depression Research Program
Departments & Organizations
Yale Medical Group
Office of Student ResearchNIMH Research Training Program in Childhood-onset Neuropsychiatric Disorders | Albert J. Solnit Integrated Training | Diabetes Research Center | Psychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center; Clinical Neuroscience Research Unit; Yale Mood Disorders Research Program; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Research Clinic; Yale Depression Research Program; Adult Psychiatry; VA National Center for PTSD
Mood Disorders; Anxiety Disorders; Stress; Pathophysiology; Neuropharmacology; Neuroimaging; Drug Development; Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy more...
- Ph.D., SUNY at Stonybrook, 1992
- M.D., SUNY at Stonybrook, 1994
- Laje, G., Lally, N., Mathews, D., Brutsche, Anat Chemerinski, A., Akula, N., Kelmendi, B., Simen, S., McMahon, F.J., Sanacora, G., Zarate, C. Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor Val66Met polymorphism and antidepressant efficacy of ketamine in depressed patients. Biological Psychiatry. In Press.
- Abdallah, C.G., Fasula, M., Kelmendi, B., Sanacora, G., Ostroff, R. The Rapid Antidepressant Effect of Ketamine in the Electroconvulsive Therapy Setting. The Journal of ECT. In Press.
- Chowdhury, G.M., Behar, K.L., Cho, W., Thomas, M.A., Rothman, D.L., Sanacora, G. (1)H-[(13)C]-Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Measures of Ketamine's Effect on Amino Acid Neurotransmitter Metabolism. Biological Psychiatry. 2012 Jun 1;71(11):1022-1025.