Steven L. Bernstein MD
Professor of Emergency Medicine; Vice Chair, Academic Affairs
Departments & Organizations
Cancer Center, Yale: Cancer Prevention and Control
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program
Emergency Medicine: SBIRT for Alcohol and Other Drug Problems | SBIRT for Tobacco Dependence
Smoking cessation; Healthcare access; Information technology; Disparities more...
- AB, Princeton University, 1981
- M.D., Temple University School of Medicine, 1985
- Bernstein SL, Yu S, Dziura J, Post L, Rigotti N. Undertreatment of tobacco use relative to other chronic conditions. Am J Public Health Published online ahead of print June 13, 2013: e1–e7. doi:10.2105/AJPH.2012.301112
- Bernstein SL, D’Onofrio G. Substance Use and Behavioral Health in US Emergency Departments: Transforming the Model of Emergency Care. Health Affairs 2013; 32:2122-2128.
- Shuter J, Bernstein SL, Moadel A. Cigarette Smoking Behaviors in Persons Living with HIV/AIDS. Am J Health Behavior 2012;36:75-85.