Susan J Baserga MD, PhD
Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, of Genetics and of Therapeutic Radiology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Microbiology | Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
Cancer Genetics & Genomics
Center for RNA Science and Medicine, Yale
Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry: RNA Biology
Therapeutic Radiology: Radiobiology
Gene Regulation and Functional Genomics
Radiobiology and Radiotherapy
Ribosome biogenesis; RRNA processing; U3 RNP structure and function; RNA helicases; Polymerase I transcription and processing more...
- M.D., Yale University, 1988
- Ph.D., Yale University, 1988
- Champion EA, Kundrat L, Regan L, Baserga SJ. A structural model for the HAT domain of Utp6 incorporating bioinformatics and genetics. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2009 Jul22(7):431-9. Epub 2009 Jun 10.
- A direct interaction between the Utp6 half-a-tetratricopeptide repeat domain and a specific peptide in Utp21 is essential for efficient pre-rRNA processing. Champion EA, Lane BH, Jackrel ME, Regan L, Baserga SJ. Mol Cell Biol. 2008 Nov28(21):6547-56. Epub 2008 Aug 25.
- Bernstein K.A., Bleichert F., Bean J.M., Cross F.R. and Baserga S.J. (2007). Ribosome biogenesis is sensed at the Start cell cycle checkpoint. Mol Biol Cell. 18, 953-64.