Richard E Carson PhD
Professor of Diagnostic Radiology and of Biomedical Engineering; Director, Yale PET Center; Director of Graduate Studies, Biomedical Engineering
Departments & Organizations
School of Engineering and Applied Science
Radiobiology & Radiotherapy Research
Diagnostic Radiology: Bioimaging Sciences: Positron Emission Tomography Center, Yale
Stress & Addiction Clinical Research Program
Positron emission tomography (PET) modeling and physics; Tracer kinetic modeling methods and parametric imaging techniques for PET tracers; Application of receptors ligands to assess neurotransmitter dynamic; 3D and 4D PET image reconstruction; Medical imaging more...
- Ph.D., University of California at Los Angeles, 1983
- B.S., Brown University, 6/1977
- Normandin M, Petersen KF, Ding, Y-S, Lin, S-F, Naik S, Skrovonsky DM, Herold KC, McCarthy TJ, Calle RA, Carson RE, Treadway JL, Cline GW, In vivo imaging of endogenous pancreatic ß cell mass in healthy and type 1 diabetic subjects using [18F](+)-FP-DTBZ and PET, J Nucl Med, 53: 908-916, 2012.
- Cosgrove KP, Kloczynski T, Nabulsi N, Weinzimmer D, Lin S-F, Staley JK, Bhagwagar Z, Carson RE, Assessing the sensitivity of [11C]P943, a novel 5 HT1B PET radioligand, to endogenous serotonin release, Synapse, 65:1113-1117, 2011
- Gallezot J-D, Nabulsi N, Neumeister A, Planeta-Wilson B, Williams WA, Singhal T, Kim S, Maguire RP, McCarthy T, Frost JJ, Huang Y, Ding Y-S, Carson RE, Kinetic modeling of the serotonin 5 HT1B receptor radioligand [11C]P943 in humans, J Cereb Blood Flow Metab, 30: 196-210, 2010