Marcella Nunez-Smith MD, MHS
Assistant Professor of Medicine (General Medicine); Core Faculty, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program; Faculty, Global Health Leadership Institute
Departments & Organizations
2006 YCCI Scholars
Yale Medical Group
Cancer Prevention and Control
Global Health Initiative
Internal Medicine: General Internal Medicine: Primary Care Center, Yale-New Haven Hospital | Primary Care Residency Program | Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program
Healthcare workforce diversity; cancer disparities; role of media on health; discrimination in health care systems; role of race in professional experience more...
- B.A., Swarthmore College, 1996
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College, 2001
- M.H.S., Yale University, 2006
- Nunez-Smith M, Ciarleglio M, Sandoval-Minero T, Elumn J, Castillo-Page L, Peduzzi P, Bradley E. Medical school faculty promotion in the United States: Is there institutional variation by race/ethnicity? American Journal of Public Health. 2012 May;102(5):852-858. Epub 2012 Mar 15.
- Nunez-Smith M, Bradley EH, Herrin J, Santana C, Curry L, Normand SL, Krumholz HM. Quality of care in the US Territories. Arch Int Med. Published online June 27, 2011. doi:10.1001/archinternmed.2011.284
- Nunez-Smith M, Pilgrim N, Wynia M, Desai MM, Bright C, Krumholz HM, Bradley EH. Healthcare workplace discrimination and physician job turnover. J Nat Med Assoc. 2009 Dec: 101 (12): 1274-1282. [PMID: 20070016].