Joseph N Contessa MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Radiology
Adaptive responses of tumor cells to ionizing radiation; Receptor tyrosine kinase signaling; Protein N-linked glycosylation; High throughput screens for novel therapeutic agents; Biologic markers for radiation response
Drug Discovery and High Throughput Screening for Inhibitors of N-linked Glycosylation
Molecular Imaging of the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor
- Khan AP, Contessa JN, Nyati MK, Ross BD, Rehemtulla A. Molecular imaging of epidermal growth factor receptor kinase activity. Anal Biochem. 2011 Oct 1;417(1):57-64.
- Contessa JN, Bhojani MS, Freeze HH, Ross BD, Rehemtulla A, Lawrence TS. Molecular imaging of N-linked glycosylation suggests glycan biosynthesis is a novel target for cancer therapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2010 Jun 15;16(12):3205-14.
- Contessa JN, Bhojani MS, Freeze HH, Rehemtulla A, Lawrence TS. Inhibition of N-linked glycosylation disrupts receptor tyrosine kinase signaling in tumor cells.
Cancer Res. 2008 May 15;68(10):3803-9.
- Contessa JN, Hampton J, Lammering G, Mikkelsen RB, Dent P, Valerie K, Schmidt-Ullrich RK. Ionizing radiation activates Erb-B receptor dependent Akt and p70 S6 kinase signaling in carcinoma cells. Oncogene. 2002 Jun 6;21(25):4032-41.
- Contessa JN, Abell A, Mikkelsen RB, Valerie K, Schmidt-Ullrich RK. Compensatory ErbB3/c-Src signaling enhances carcinoma cell survival to ionizing radiation. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2006 Jan;95(1):17-27
- Contessa JN, Reardon DB, Todd D, Dent P, Mikkelsen RB, Valerie K, Bowers GD, Schmidt-Ullrich RK. The inducible expression of dominant-negative epidermal growth factor receptor-CD533 results in radiosensitization of human mammary carcinoma cells. Clin Cancer Res. 1999 Feb;5(2):405-11.