Dr. Friedlaender's primary research interests and contributions have included the development for clinical applications of biomolecules that improve bone healing and regeneration, understanding the influences of many drugs and irradiation on bone and bone repair, the immunological responses to transplanted bone and development of guidelines for the banking of bone and other musculoskeletal tissues and their clinical applications.
- Bible JE, Lee RS, Friedlaender GE: The Need for Increased Access to the U.S. Health-Care System. J. Bone Joint Surg 91:476-484 (2009).
- Bone Grafts And Bone Graft Substitutes (Monograph Series (American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons)) by Gary E. Friedlaender, Henry J., M.D. Mankin, and Victor M. Goldberg (Paperback - Jul 30, 2006)
- Friedlaender GE: The 80-hour duty week: Rationale, early attitudes and future questions. Clin Orthop Rel Res 449:138-142 (2006).
- Bone Regeneration and Repair: Biology and Clinical Applications by Jay R. Lieberman and Gary E. Friedlaender (Hardcover - Feb 17, 2005)
- DiCaprio MR, Friedlaender GE: Malignant Bone Tumors: Limb-sparing versus Amputation. J Amer Acad Orthop Surg 11:25-37 (2003).
- Friedlaender GE, Perry CR, Cole JD, Cook SD, Cierny G, Muschler GF, Zych GA, Calhoun JH, LaForte AJ, Yin S: Osteogenic protein-1 (bone morphogenetic protein-7) in the treatment of tibial nonunions. A prospective, randomized clinical trial comparing rhOP-1 with fresh bone autograft. J Bone Joint Surg 83-A (Suppl 1, Part 2):151-158 (2001).
- Bone Formation and Repair (Symposium) by Carl T. Brighton, Gary E. Friedlaender, and Joseph M. Lane (Hardcover - Oct 1994)
- Friedlaender GE, Lin S, Solchaga LA, Snel LB, Lynch SE: The Role of Recombinant Human Platelet-derived Growth Factor-BB (rhPDGF-BB) in Orthopaedic Bone Repair and Regeneration. Current Pharmaceutical Design 19:3384-3390 (2013).
- Friedlaender LK, Friedlaender GE: At the Intersection of the Arts and Sciences: Enhancing Observational Skills. Clin Orthop and Rel Res 471:2065-2067 (2013).