Brain Neoplasms; Neoplasm Metastasis; Neurosurgery; Radiation Effects; Radiosurgery; Radiation Oncology
Dr. Chiang's research interests include:
1. clinical outcomes in patients with metastatic brain tumors
2. imaging changes following stereotactic radiosurgery to brain tumors
Specialized Terms: Brain Tumor; Cancer; Cerebral Metastases; Clinical Outcomes; Radiation Side Effects; Radiosurgery
- Knisely JP, Yu JB, Flanigan J, Sznol M, Kluger HM, Chiang VL. Radiosurgery for melanoma brain metastases in the ipilimumab era and the possibility of longer survival. J Neurosurg, 2012 Aug;117(2);227-33.
- Rauch PJ, Park HS, Knisely JP, Chiang VL, Vortmeyer AO. Delayed radiation-induced vasculitic leukoencephalopathy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 May 1;83(1):369-75.
- Patel TR, McHugh BJ, Bi WL, Minja FJ, Knisely JP, Chiang VL. A comprehensive review of MR imaging changes following radiosurgery to 500 brain metastases. Am J Neuroradiol. 2011 Nov-Dec;32(10):1885-92.
- Redmond AJ, DiLuna ML, Hebert R, Moliterno J, Desai R, Knisely JPS, Chiang VL. Gamma Knife surgery for the treatment of melanoma metastases: the effect of intratumoral hemorrhage on survival. Journal of Neurosurgery Special Supplements Dec 2008, 109 (6):
- Diluna ML, King JT, Knisely JPS, Chiang VL. Prognostic factors for survival after stereotactic radiosurgery vary with the number of cerebral metastases. Cancer 2007 109(1):135-145.