Pasquale Patrizio MD, MBE, HCLD
Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences; Director, In Vitro Fertilization Program; Director, Fertility Preservation Program
Dr. Patrizio is Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Yale University and is the Director of the In Vitro Fertilization Program. His clinical interests include Infertility (female and male), IVF, Egg donation and Gestational surrogacy, Preservation of fertility in Cancer patients. Among his many research interests are Whole ovary cryopreservation, Oocyte freezing, Genetics of oocytes and cumulus cells, Oocyte and Embryo competence, Isolation and freezing of male germ cells and Ethical issues in assisted reproduction.
Dr. Pasquale Patrizio received his medical training at the Universita' Studi Napoli Federico II and his Masters in Bioethics at the University of Pennsylvania. He completed his Residency in OB/GYN-Reproductive Endocrinology at the Universita' Studi Napoli Federico II and completed also a Residency in Andrology-Male Reproduction at the Universita' Studi in Pisa, Italy. In the United States, he completed a Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology and a Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of California, Irvine.
Dr. Patrizio is Board Certified in OB/GYN, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Andrology and has published more than 300 scientific papers and an Atlas textbook for assisted reproduction. He is on the editorial board of many journals and has lectured worldwide on many areas of reproductive medicine.
- Assisted Reproduction and Italian law 40
Rome, Italy (2009 - 2009)
In an address to the Italian Parliament, Dr. Patrizio provided statistics showing that a 2004 Italian law that restricts in-vitro fertilization (IVF) practices is resulting in fewer pregnancies and higher rates of multiple births.
Education & Training
- University of Naples, Italy (1983)
- Post Doctoral
- University of Pennsylvania, Bioethics
- Universita' Studi Napoli Federico II, OB/GYN-Reproductive Endocrinology
- University of California, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Universita'Studi Pisa,Italy, Andrology-Male Reproduction
- University of California, Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Board Certification
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, Board Certified (1997)
- Board Certification
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, Board Certified (1999)
Honors & Recognition
- Star physician award
- Top NY doctors and Most Compassionate
- Co-Chair and Vice President, Special interest group Regenerative Medicine (10/20/2012 - 10/21/2012)
- committee member, ESCRO (07/01/2007 - 06/30/2014)